HR2x CE Release 7/31 v.0342

Let's try to keep the discussion to this CE.

DirecTV knows they'll have less testers when a beta feature like MRV is removed, it is common sense. We all know there are 'hardcore' testers that will test every release, and there are some that aren't.

Let's keep the discussion to the CE itself, thanks.

Edit: whoops, didnt see your note until after I'd composed this Jason....my bad.

If the NR and the final CE are the same release number, they're the same code. I think once or twice some changes were made in the NR that werent in the final CE, but the version number was higher and that would run over the CE.

Thing is the rollouts usually take several weeks, so a new CE often appears before the NR comes around.

So what'll probably happen is theres some chance I'll get my MRV enabled CE run over by a non-MRV enabled NR, and that situation might persist for a few days to a week, maybe two.

Way better than spending 3+ weeks hagling with my wife and son about who is going to watch which tv, going back and putting 20 series links back into both dvr's and then having to delete 10 of the ones I added when MRV freed up room for more, and having to delete 300-400GB of shows that I've picked up but wont have room for because of double recordings.

Hmm, I havent read anything in the CE materials distributed by directv saying that you have to download each and every release, nor anything saying that if you dont download every snippet of code every week that your participation is unwanted.

What exactly is wrong with someone who chooses to stay at a certain CE level, providing they arent complaining about old problems, calling directv customer service or discussing CE information outside of the appropriate forums?

Granted I agree that downloading the CE just to get the feature and never testing or reporting bugs isnt beneficial.

Well it IS listed that if you participate in the CE's to NOT call D* with troubles.
The CSR's have NO IDEA what is going on in a CE and they should not be bothered with that type of stuff ....

Also, don't complain when the feature you wanted is removed (as many have).
Also don't complain when you box needs a reboot from time to time.
Or if you lose your recorded programs (as happened a few weeks back).

fwiw, your selected CE level will be bypassed when a NR comes out that has more in it.

I never said Don't participate, I said I "Doubt " D* likes people jumping in for just certain features.

Personally, I hate those that jump in for specific features, those are the people that should just WAIT.

Well it IS listed that if you participate in the CE's to NOT call D* with troubles.
The CSR's have NO IDEA what is going on in a CE and they should not be bothered with that type of stuff ....

Also, don't complain when the feature you wanted is removed (as many have).
Also don't complain when you box needs a reboot from time to time.
Or if you lose your recorded programs (as happened a few weeks back).

fwiw, your selected CE level will be bypassed when a NR comes out that has more in it.

I never said Don't participate, I said I "Doubt " D* likes people jumping in for just certain features.

Personally, I hate those that jump in for specific features, those are the people that should just WAIT.
good grief. Didnt Jason just tell you to drop it? This issue is his job not yours.

No Dolby sound on recorded SD programming. When I play an SD recording on my DVR, I have to turn off Dolby sound to receive any audio. The audio plays fine on live showings. This problem has been going on for a very long time.

Not sure if its a CE issue or an NR issue since I dont have any NR boxes, but on doing a search for "nfl preseason" I got a bunch of returns for games. When I looked at each one per channel I got only the first game available for that channel with the ability to look at upcoming showings of that first game, but no option to look for episodes that included future games on the same channel with the same "nfl preseason football" heading.

When I did a keyword search for my favorite team, I got the future games and was able to record them. They had the same "nfl preseason football" title.

I think this was an issue the last two years I've had an HR20. Nice if the king of satellite sports could make it a little easier for we sports fans to find and record the games.

My goofy old series 1 tivo finds everything with a simple search for "nfl preseason". I understand that tivo uses the same guide data from the same source, but 'massages' it a little. Cant Directv get the late night cinemax folks together with the guide data folks and give us a little massaged data that actually works well? ;)

No internet connection
R22-100
0x342

Noticed having bad hesitations while scrolling through guide,advancing time through guide,trying to enter numbers with the remote keypad thought it was a batteries problem changed them still the same.

Cant Directv get the late night cinemax folks together with the guide data folks and give us a little massaged data that actually works well? ;)

That gives me a really bad case of the "I shouldna visualized that".

In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy:

"That ain't right",

"Lord I apologize for that right there and be with the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea there, Amen."

:p:p

That gives me a really bad case of the "I shouldna visualized that".

In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy:

"That ain't right",

"Lord I apologize for that right there and be with the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea there, Amen."

:p:p

:D

No internet connection
R22-100
0x342

Turned on my R22 this afternoon I changed the channel it was so fast I had to do it again to time it.It timed at 1/2 second but the longer the DVR stayed on the changing channels are getting longer now it's back to 1 second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)