HR2x / R22 (-100 Series Only) CE Release )0X02D7 2/20 - 2/21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Systems in this CE
HR20-100 . HR21-100 . HR22-100 . R22-100

Window of opportunity to download:

Friday, February 20, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! DirecTV Cutting Edge Program: Terms, FAQ, How-To, Hidden Features, and More

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

For the latest updates, check out the CE Chat on Friday nights:
cechat.satelliteguys.us

-----------------

he Contents of this CE Download: (Differences based on last National Release)

• Items from CE:18:01 ModerateRisk
  • Items from CE:18:02 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:18:03 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:18:04 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:18:05 Moderate Risk
  • Items from CE:18:06 Customer Candidate
  • Items from CE:18:07 Customer Candidate
  • Items from CE:18:08 Customer Candidate
  • Items from CE:18:09 Customer Candidate

New features

• 01 - No new features in this release

Improved/Updated

• 01 - Caller ID
  • 01 - Wireless Setup Enhancement
  • 01 - Minor UI Improvements
  • 02 - Video stability while playing currently downloading VOD programs
  • 02 - MediaShare: responsiveness of receiver when using MediaShare.
  • 03 - Brief "Searching for Signal" message after channel change HR23 Only
  • 03 - Trickplay bar when returning to Live TV
  • 03 - Diagnostics Report sending
  • 03 - Network Services stability
  • 03 - Progress bar during Guide acquisition
  • 03 - Responsivness when deleting shows on eSATA drives
  • 04 - Under the hood improvements
  • 05 - Tuner 2 low signal level readings HR21-100 only
  • 05 - Mediashare: Freezing when navigating pictures
  • 05 - Mediashare: Distorted audio
  • 05 - wireless configuration screen (SSID)
  • 05 - Improved playback of VOD content
  • 05 - System test no longer hangs at 90%
  • 05 - Added Guide Feed/Data Feed statistics to System Test
  • 06 - Stability
  • 06 - Under the hood improvements
  • 07 - Fix display issue in System Info and Test screen
  • 07 - Media Share: Corrected keep or delete OSD issue from last week's CE
  • 08 - Improved Tuner 2 low signal level readings
  • 09 - Fixed Occasional Searching for Satellite signal on tuner 2

Notes

• 01 - None
  • 02 - When reporting issues with 1080p, please include the TV resolution information reported from the Miscellaneous Options screen as well as your TV model number
  • 02 - Please make sure to first attempt to tune to an OTA channel before running an OTA signal strength system test
  • 06 - This is a Customer Candidate. Please test it completely!
  • 07 - This is a Customer Candidate. Please test it completely!

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that the searching for signal issue on my HR20-100 seems better. A message pops up for 1-2 seconds but the channel comes in after that. It has always only been certain channels. I can repro this all the time but first being on one of my locals..3, 5, 8 and then tuning to boomerang (298). Previously, I would get the message Searching for Signal and the channel would never come in until the receiver was rebooted. It now comes in after the 1-2 seconds. My guess is the 'fix' was something like - if no signal, switch to tuner 1. Better than nothing I guess.

I'm happy to report that the searching for signal issue on my HR20-100 seems better. A message pops up for 1-2 seconds but the channel comes in after that. It has always only been certain channels. I can repro this all the time but first being on one of my locals..3, 5, 8 and then tuning to boomerang (298). Previously, I would get the message Searching for Signal and the channel would never come in until the receiver was rebooted. It now comes in after the 1-2 seconds. My guess is the 'fix' was something like - if no signal, switch to tuner 1. Better than nothing I guess.

did you send a report? if you did it would be good if you posted the Diagnostic Key#. The reports do help :)

HR21-100 with AM21

GUI speed is not as good as last week. There are delays of up to 10 seconds when scrolling through the list of recorded programs. It also seems to drop remote commands randomly. It's almost not usuable now.

Channel changing is also slower and displays the banner of the last program after changing the channel.

HR21-100 with AM21

GUI speed is not as good as last week. There are delays of up to 10 seconds when scrolling through the list of recorded programs. It also seems to drop remote commands randomly. It's almost not usuable now.

Channel changing is also slower and displays the banner of the last program after changing the channel.

I have an HR22-100, there's does seem to be a bit of lag on this system as well, I wouldn't say "unusably slow" but there have been some issues.

most noticeably, changing from end of recorded program, to deletion, then tuning a channel on the same tuner took maybe 20-30 seconds (sorry, I wasn't timing it), with most of that being a black screen (presumably loading the GUI to which I immediately hit exit).

the friendly naming feature doesnt seem to do anything for me, either that or i cant figure out how to define the new name, any suggestions?

You have to move the cursor to the name field then using the 'triple tap' feature enter what you want (press the 2 key 3 times for the letter C for example).