HR2x / R22 CE Release 11/13 v.0379

SparkySteve,

Have you used MRV in previous CE's other than last week? I am not sure what you mean by not being able to "see" the other box. In the playlist you will see recordings from both receivers. Until you highlight the recording you will not know which box it is on. Have you tried this? This is the only change you will notice on the HR/R22 receivers when using MRV.

Bill

SparkySteve,

Have you used MRV in previous CE's other than last week? I am not sure what you mean by not being able to "see" the other box. In the playlist you will see recordings from both receivers. Until you highlight the recording you will not know which box it is on. Have you tried this? This is the only change you will notice on the HR/R22 receivers when using MRV.

Bill

What I meant when I say "see the other box" is when I hit List I wasn't seeing the programs I knew were recorded on the other box. I did however figure out my problem. Each box IP address was the same when I went into Advance settings. ie: 192.168.0.111, I changed one of them to 192.168.0.110 and all is working now. Thanks to you and armchair for helping me with this.

Downloaded on both my H21 and HR21-100s last night and went to bed. This morning the wife doesnt the initial walkthrough screens on the HR21. After this, MRV worked with no other input. I didn't do anything on the H21 to enable it.

"More System Info" under "Info & Test" is not working on my HR21. Any one else notice this?

MRV working both ways just fine between the two HR20-100's.

However directv2pc will play only SD content. When I try to play HD content it gives me a 503 error, remote play already in use. Some people with hr20-100's were reporting that even mrv wasnt working for them, giving the same error. I havent hit that problem yet.

Downloaded on both my H21 and HR21-100s last night and went to bed. This morning the wife doesnt the initial walkthrough screens on the HR21. After this, MRV worked with no other input. I didn't do anything on the H21 to enable it.

What I meant when I say "see the other box" is when I hit List I wasn't seeing the programs I knew were recorded on the other box. I did however figure out my problem. Each box IP address was the same when I went into Advance settings. ie: 192.168.0.111, I changed one of them to 192.168.0.110 and all is working now. Thanks to you and armchair for helping me with this.

MRV is auto-enabled this CE; no keywords are required. Apparently as sparkysteve discovered, the boxes will not correct IP address conflicts. But there is a "Restore Defaults" feature in System Setup/Network Settings that should correct IP conflicts and connect to INTERNET quickly. If this feature is not correcting conflicts, it should be reported as an issue with report number. Steve, it may help Directv if you updated your failure report. Glad you figured it out.

Directv intended to do all this automatically but they may have overlooked the step to name your devices, it can be found under the Location Tab in System Setup Menu.

"More System Info" under "Info & Test" is not working on my HR21. Any one else notice this?

Just checked one of my HR22-100s and it's giving more info. I've seen the info not display before and have also seen it lock-up a DVR in past CEs. A restart cleared all issues for me in the past.

Just checked one of my HR22-100s and it's giving more info. I've seen the info not display before and have also seen it lock-up a DVR in past CEs. A restart cleared all issues for me in the past.

A restart cleared it up. Thanks.

Another new item I've noticed with this release: The list now shows you programs that you aren't able to watch because someone is currently watching something on that DVR with MRV. (It shows a circle with a line through it next to the program name) If you try and play the program anyway, it gives you a message that states someone is already watching a program on that DVR.

The show options updates and thumbnail for the show are a nice touch too. It's easier to modify the options for a series if you need to do something and it seems to flow better within the menu structure. Nice, I like it.

Good find!!! Glad you figured that out. Do you have your router setup as DHCP or are you setting the IP addresses on all the clients?

fyi, If you go into the advanced settings and put in an address yourself, the box wont use dhcp anymore. If after that you click on 'default settings' it'll go back to using dhcp.

If a dhcp server fails to respond, the boxes will look for each other using a peer to peer protocol and assign themselves unique addresses.

I like this version, MRV works fairly well though there is a slight delay in playback. One thing that has really been bothering me since switching form dish about a month ago is the lag on the menu. Both regular and CE releases are incredibly slow to respond to button pushes on the remote.

I also cannot get the receiver to see my TVersity server, can anyone help with that?

One thing that I have noticed is that the Remote is none responsive when you enter in a channel number. when you type in 212 it sometimes keys in 2212 because you don't see the two when you first hit it so you hit it again. this happens often and has nothing to do with the batteries because they are new.

Good find!!! Glad you figured that out. Do you have your router setup as DHCP or are you setting the IP addresses on all the clients?
Yes, my router is set up as DHCP, but on the prior weeks CE I couldn't get MRV working and manually configured the clients. Not sure but I probably duplicated the IP address which cause my problems on this CE

One thing that I have noticed is that the Remote is none responsive when you enter in a channel number. when you type in 212 it sometimes keys in 2212 because you don't see the two when you first hit it so you hit it again. this happens often and has nothing to do with the batteries because they are new.

This is my problem, too. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Seems that in some cases the receiver just sort of goes to sleep or reprioritizes the remote control process in the receiver. You have to 'wake it up' and then wait a second or two for it to come around. A lot of the time when I'm going to change the channel or pull up the playlist while i'm watching something else, i'll hit 'play' to bring up the playbar, and when that comes up I do whatever else I want and its okay.

I think they must have some crazy balancing act of process priorities between recordings, playback, guide updates and user interface. They have to make sure the real time stuff keeps going @100% while giving the best UI response time they can. Unfortunately its still slow and erratic.

What I will say is that this is one of the more stable MRV releases. I think the glitchies have been a lot better this week. None of my boxes have required rebooting (unless they rebooted themselves when we werent watching them). One got pretty slow and hinky for a couple of hours but I put it in standby and came back a few hours later and it was a lot happier.

So maybe we're getting there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts