HR2x / R22 CE Release 8/28 v.034C / 034D

I finally got the NR so my CE is gone. Don't think I want to download tonight. I'll wait to see how well this latest NR performs.

I am thinking of skipping this cycle unless someone can convince me. I want to see the NR. Is there anything compelling in this one? I've been a dutiful tester but I regret testing the past month's CE's when I lost my MRV.

nothing special at all guys. i want this to go national already so we can move on to other things for testing!

Good remote response with my HR21-100 with AM21 (still isn't perfect - takes 1- 5 seconds) but about 20-50% of the time, the skip forward button makes it go ahead 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds.

I am thinking of skipping this cycle unless someone can convince me. I want to see the NR. Is there anything compelling in this one? I've been a dutiful tester but I regret testing the past month's CE's when I lost my MRV.
Being a CE tester inorder to get new features is the wrong reason to do it. Real CE'ers should download every release and test them.

Being a CE tester inorder to get new features is the wrong reason to do it. Real CE'ers should download every release and test them.

Dont you dare judge me. I've downloaded every single release since inception of the program even ran the management of it here until I didnt have time to do it. I passed on last week's release because I want to test the NR not this latest CE. I hope you can forgive me. :rolleyes:

Jerking site owners around on who is and isnt participating in the CE program in my mind invalidates any of directv's stated wishes for CE participation.

That having been said, while the "dont download just to get a feature" is part of the official mantra, I dont see anything in the "rules" that says you have to download every release. Downloading to get a feature also seems to be fine, as long as you test it and report on any observations you make.

So while I'm not really sure what constitutes a "real" ce'er, the worst possible case seems to be someone downloading the software who doesnt understand or accept the risks, blows up their box and calls a directv csr to complain. Someone who downloads for a feature and never reports anything about it is neither helping nor hurting. So who cares?

I stuck with the MRV release for quite some time because I liked the feature, wanted to tinker with some of the problems and since it resolved at least three major problems for me that likely would have resulted in my ending my relationship with directv if I hadnt had the feature...seems like that was a win/win for everyone involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts