HR2x / R22 CE Release 8/7 & 8/8 v.x347

Problems resolved themselves???

I Updated OS to FW 0x347 on 8/8/09. Immediately thereafter I was unable to access D*tv Cinema (Channel 1100). When I would tune to that channel, I got a message that said that Cinema was unavailable. After 24 hours, Cinema was back. Who knows why?

2nd issue: DVR would connect to the network (setup/network/advanced setup/connect now), but network services (setup/network/network services) said that the system was connected but failed the connectivity test. This has since resolved itself, and now says that network services have started.

I use a static IP on my network for my DVR and other devices that I want to be able to access (Print Servers, Linux Servers, Home Server, SlingBox ProHD), and I had to set up port range forwarding on my DD-WRT router to get the DVR to allow network services, and since nothing changed after the upgrade to 0X347 I didn't know why it would fail to initialize Network Services.

I used to work for D*TV ans an installer, and since I know the people at tech support are just reading a script, I decided to just wait and see what happens, and now on the 11th, everything is working okay.

When do you think they're going to return MRV to the OS?

Cyg.:)

I have noticed one problem with this CE, I have lost audio on local HD channels when they are showing Non-HD programs. It only happens on my locals thru the sat and OTA going thru my HR20-100. I have tried it thru my TV's OTA input and sound is there. If I change the audio setting thru the Hr20 to cut Dolby Digital off, the sound returns.I have my audio going to my Yamaha receiver using a digital coax cable and have never had this problem until the last CE. I will post my diagnostic report when I get home today.

I keep trying to force my HR23-700 to update to the new CE, but it keeps downloading version 0312 from around mid-June.

I just went upstairs to update my H23-600 and it is downloading 42EE.

Is there only a small window of opportunity to download the CE's or are they always available after they are released?

Sorry for being such a n00b, however, I am extremely technical...This DTV stuff gets confusing and I've only been a customer since April... :)

I keep trying to force my HR23-700 to update to the new CE, but it keeps downloading version 0312 from around mid-June.

Is there only a small window of opportunity to download the CE's or are they always available after they are released?

Sorry for being such a n00b, however, I am extremely technical...This DTV stuff gets confusing and I've only been a customer since April... :)

It is only available usually Fri. and Sat. around 11pm-2:30am EST. Please check this site on Friday night to see what is available and for what receivers.

Welcome to the CE Forum just remember if you have a problem with CE software post your problem here there are those here ready to help and by all means Do Not Contact DirecTV about issues with CE software.Again Welcome.:)

I have noticed one problem with this CE, I have lost audio on local HD channels when they are showing Non-HD programs. It only happens on my locals thru the sat and OTA going thru my HR20-100. I have tried it thru my TV's OTA input and sound is there. If I change the audio setting thru the Hr20 to cut Dolby Digital off, the sound returns.I have my audio going to my Yamaha receiver using a digital coax cable and have never had this problem until the last CE. I will post my diagnostic report when I get home today.

Diagnostic report 20090810-4F9

Welcome to the CE Forum just remember if you have a problem with CE software post your problem here there are those here ready to help and by all means Do Not Contact DirecTV about issues with CE software.Again Welcome.:)

Thanks a lot! I enjoy participating in beta testing and will definitely post anything I come across that seems to be out of the ordinary.

No internet connection
R22-100
0x347

When pausing a recorded program then the screen saver appears,the paused program's picture is appearing in 1/2 second flashes coming through the screen saver's picture.

continuing search for issues.........

Nevermind, I feel like a dumbass. Apparently my little girl pressed a button on my receiver that some how cut off my right and left fron speakers. My center speaker was working. The reason why I had no sound was because my locals only uses the right and left speakers for non HD programs and commercials. I happen to find the problem by accident this morning when I was trying to play a CD and it would not work either. Sorry D*. This CE was solid then lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)