HR2x / R22 CE Release for 10/31

Downloaded CE November 1 around 1:30am. Unplugged the HR22-100 November 2 around 1am because I needed to re-arrange the cables on my ups. After plugging the machine back in I noticed that one 1 hour partially viewed program apparently got deleted in the process.

I have never had a program disappear during any reboot or unplugging on my DirecTV DVRs before under any circumstance CE or standard versions.

May have had something to do with the time change for daylight savings ending.

How do you do that with a black screen in front of you?

You could have tried connecting a s-video or composite video connection to see if you could get an image to get to the report function. I had to do that when testing the 1080p HDMI problems with no video.

You could have tried connecting a s-video or composite video connection to see if you could get an image to get to the report function. I had to do that when testing the 1080p HDMI problems with no video.
I suppose I could have

If your setup is anything like mine, that would have been a royal pain in the you-know-what...assuming you even have extra cables laying around. The harassment from Rad is unnecessary.

It was a sugguestion on how to maybe get around the blank screen so Vurbano can assist DirecTV in determining what the issue might be that's causing his problem. That is the whole reason for the CE process isn't it. Maybe his set up would allow for him to do it, and the cables I mentioned come with HD DVR's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a movie split in half on my other provider box due to the time change...

Note to self do not reboot DVRs during time change heh. Maybe that could be on a sticky of things to be cautious of?

Note to self do not reboot DVRs during time change heh. Maybe that could be on a sticky of things to be cautious of?

Well, it doesn't come up too often, only 2 hours a year ;) Most of us are sleeping those two hours too :D

Well, it doesn't come up too often, only 2 hours a year ;) Most of us are sleeping those two hours too :D

Yeah. I didn't mean a new list just an additional line to an existing one. Either way I am going to use some sort of memo service to remind myself to avoid this problem next year.

I chose to use memotome to remind myself.

Last edited:
Two DirecTV DVRs with slingbox

Thanks a million for this info. Works great, especially after SlingMedia tech said it is not possible!
Charlie911

WOW, what a simple change that is a huge success for users like me, and will be a long-term success for D* business customers, i.e. bars, etc.

The options for 8 IR remote codes are simply 00001 through 00008. Originally, when set to the alternate set (AV1/AV2) the receiver used code 00003.

That made havoc for me using the Slingbox (which would be MUCH easier if D* could ever setup the receiver to do IR & RF simultaniously) work without special drivers.

There was a driver file made by a user for the 00003 remote codes, but the new Slingbox Pro-HD didn't work with it. The Slingbox software does, however, have built in drivers for the 00002 code (listed as the D10 remote code 2).

SO - THANK YOU DIRECTV ENGINEERS for enabling multiple IR addresses. Although a feature that will get rare use - to some users - it is HUGE!

Welcome Charlie.
DirecTV sends updates nearly every week in this method. Make sure to read the FYI thread, and post any issues in the thread for the CE you are running. We have a new thread each week and Directv reviews every post. Remember this is test software and your feedback is critical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)