HR2x / R22 CE Release for 9/26

HR21-100 with AM21 -

1) Guide seems to be a tad faster but still locks up for a few seconds at times if you keep scrolling. Not perfect yet but getting better.

2) When going to MY Playlist, scrolling through recorded programming is still VERY slow. I have lot of programs in there so it may be slower the more you have recorded?

The receiver seems to receive the remote commands okay but it seems to be delaying them at times (up to 5+ seconds) while maybe doing other tasks?
Worse when recording.

3) Screensaver came on this morning to just a gray screen instead of the usual bouncing blue Directv logo.

4) Started downloading the new 1080p movie. The download got to about 88% and then started all over at 0%. Not sure if this was caused by my internet connection or this release. It finally did complete downloading and it works okay (like the last release) through my Denon AV receiver to my Samsung Plasma.

5) Stop button now works with recorded content.

Well, I had the same problem as mlbfans this morning.

Last night I ran the update on all three receivers. 2x HR20-700, one HR21-200.
After starting the update, I hit power and went to bed.

Both HR20's booted fine and worked ok this morning.
The HR21-200 would not turn on. I hit the red button reset, and it did not reset!

After a minute or so I pulled the power for 30 seconds, then upon re-plugging in the box it booted like normal.

This is the first time I've run a CE on this HR21-200, it replaced a dead HR20 last week.

Since powering back up this morning, the box has been running fine, and is on 0x0281

After the update last night, I watched an hour or two without issue. Turned of my HR-22, went to bed. This morning there was a black screen when powered up. Was able to navigate to signal strength viewer and all was well on both tuners. Tried changing channels by inputing numbers and channel up/down, still a black screen. Did reset, everything worked.

I figured I'd unplug the HR-22, and do a cold reboot. Did it, no sound on any channels. Went and did a reset the receiver in the menu screen, all is well again. Whew, thought I bricked it or something. I hope all is well tomorrow, knock on wood.

HR20-700, all is well, the stop button issue was resolved.

Still waiting for the Prioritizer list to be enlarged!! Tried a few email offers but none of them seemed to help.

The Channel changing and tuning time is still very slow. Caller ID also does not work either. I guess that implementing new features is more important than making old features work correctly.

Looking forward to the next CE Cycle!!

Promblem Found:
I was watching a pre recorded show, and I hit the Back button to go back to the Live Tv. But when I hit the back button to go back to the pre recorded show, it went to another channel NOT back to the pre recorded program.

This has never done this before, not in any of the other CE versions, just this one. I use this feature often so I picked up on it pretty fast.

When I hit the back button from Pre Recorded I want to go to live tv and then back to the pre recorded program, NOT to another channel that was no way before that.

This is not suppose to work like that and has never ever done this.

Please fix this Directv Directv before this becomes a NR!!

Thanks,

Josh

I just lost almost all recorded programs when I switched from CE to national release. I knew it could happen the other way around, but I thought it was safe to go back to the national. Happened on both my HR20 and HR21.

I installed 0281 last night and it wiped out all of my recordings and my entire prioritizer list.

Just to be clear, I am using an HR20-100 with an Seagate Free Agent 750GB. I was running the national release when I downloaded 0281. Upon further inspection, the entire receiver was reset -- recorded programs wiped :mad:, prioritizer emptied, and even my favorites lists deleted. My second box, another HR20-100, is upgraded to 0281 without incident.

I lost infrared remote control on an HR20-700. Rebooted twice and no luck.

I switched to RF mode and it worked. Rebooted again and switched back to IR and it has worked since, about 24 hours now.

Just to be clear, I am using an HR20-100 with an Seagate Free Agent 750GB. I was running the national release when I downloaded 0281. Upon further inspection, the entire receiver was reset -- recorded programs wiped :mad:, prioritizer emptied, and even my favorites lists deleted. My second box, another HR20-100, is upgraded to 0281 without incident.

This happened to me once, and the clarification I got is that anytime the receiver reboots (regardless of software update) that if there is a data corruption it will format the drive.

It works the same as the "Reset Everything" option on the reboot menu.

Rare, but it happens. Really pissed me of when it happend to me and my Free Agent 750gb drive that was 95% full. I know how you feel :(

Nope, this was clearly stated in the release notes.

I must be living lucky today. I just went to Netflix and found that the episodes I didn't get to see of Hero's and Jerico and Numbers are available via my Roku. That little Roku box was the best entertainment purchase I've made in a long time. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)