HR34 CE for the first Weekend of Spring

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Systems in this CE
HR34-700

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, March 23, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
Customer Candidate

New features
  • None
Improved/Updated
  • Under the hood
Notes
  • If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
  • You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
  • You will lose your guide cache
  • Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
  • Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
  • Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
  • Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues
Features
  • Under the hood

Improved/Updated

• {CE:03:01} 0x539
    • HD User Interface

• {CE:03:05} 0x542
    • Under the hood
    • Pink screen issue
    • Dish alignment test

I have seen slight improvements in the software for the HR34 over the last three months, but overall I expected a much more refined software by now. I've had the HR34 since December. The guide is still glitchy and slow compared to all other receivers. I would think DTV would want to release this guide nationally soon as all other receivers have had it for a while.

Overall, I'm still happy but a little disappointed in the slow progress of the development of this software.

The guide is still glitchy and slow compared to all other receivers. I would think DTV would want to release this guide nationally soon as all other receivers have had it for a while.

Overall, I'm still happy but a little disappointed in the slow progress of the development of this software.

I agree with everything but the SLOW part. As far as I am concerned the guide scrolling is WAY to FAST. Mine will run around the entire 100 or so channels in my favorites list in under 2 seconds. If I want to stop on channel 200 I better let go of the button when I see 150.

0x547 / HR34-700

My green status bar that shows on the bottom of the screen flashes on/off when I pause live TV. It also flashes on/off when I FF or RW too. That didn't happen on the previous build.

Last edited:
Does that to me somtimes on the previous one. Sometimes when it's paused it starts back up on it's own. Weird, I checked to see if there'd be one this past weekend and didn't see anything. Just now noticed this thread. Don't have many issues with the one I have though.

I don't think this is particular to this last release, but my unit is not shutting down after 4 hours of inactivity. I thought this was a feature on all the dvrs?

the guide on my hr34 was super laggy and jumpy after last weeks ce, coming from national. tonight i just remembered i saw a scrolling effect setting in the menu. I checked it and it was turned on, i changed it to off and the guide scrolling got much better, not great, but good.

This is my first ce, not sure if this is common knowledge with the hr34?

Sorry, there. Settings/display/preferences/scrolling effects/
See if it helps.

Hi. You don't have to post in such small letters lol. I see you're pretty new to the site. Welcome to Satguys! Don't be shy. Post any comments or questions you may have.

i amy need urkel glasses for that writing :D lol :) jk welcome to the site :welcome:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts