Customer Candidate

New features
  • None
Improved/Updated
  • Under the hood
Notes
  • You may lose your guide cache
  • Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
  • Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
  • Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hour
  • Please be sure IMANEDGECUTTER function is enabled
{CE:04:01} 0x056D
  • My DIRECTV
  • 2 Second banner
  • Pandora
  • Energy Star
  • YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
  • Minor UI updates
  • Game Lounge
  • Channel banner
  • Smart search 50-character
  • Parental controls

Thank you for posting the info! Looking forward to updating my HR34. It's been running well but some minor bugs could use some tweaking.

Anyone know if this is going to be 56 - i.e. with pandora?

Looks like it but wont know until we download it and I hope for people that didnt get it before had problems with it :) Hope it is for everyone and good luck :) Check here for directv http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=HR and http://www.redh.com/dtv/ same to see which version is current but as of 9:36 pm cst the newest version for tonight is not up yet wait till after 11pm est 10 pm cst etc to see what current version it is :)

Last edited:
Looks like the CE is going to be 054E according to DirecTV Firmware Watcher :)

054E IS THE NEW CE FOR TONIGHT.

Guys what can we expect from this? Does it mean it will be different from the features listed at the top? I haven't updated in a couple months due to moving etc. and just got my service going at my new place today. Are things running a lot better? Was very buggy and laggy there for awhile.

I would say yes. That list was up last weekend and in that CE, Pandora and Youtube disappeared.

Looks like it but wont know until we download it and I hope for people that didnt get it before had problems with it :) Hope it is for everyone and good luck :) Check here for directv DirecTV Firmware Watcher and DirecTV Firmware Watcher same to see which version is current but as of 9:36 pm cst the newest version for tonight is not up yet wait till after 11pm est 10 pm cst etc to see what current version it is :)

whitewolf - where you drinking when writing last night - that is one tough post to read ;)

Jason i gave that person 2 links to check for current version from Directv Firmware last night and to check for the CE for the version that would be up after the CE begins for it after 11pm est :) I dont drink or do drugs just wasnt feeling well :)

well found an issue already with 54E

I have a AM21 hooked up. 2 OTA stations I watch had to be "scanned" in so they show regular programming in the guide. (there's like 14 religious channels too but I dont watch them)
Anywho I had 2 manual timers set this morning. One on MeTV and one on The Country Network (these are the 2 stations).
Neither one recorded (history said unexpected error). Both channels have a black screen (checked with OTA and they are fine) and even though nothing is recording if I try to select a different OTA channel I get a "cant change because you are recording 2 OTA already" menu and even if I click "stop recording" it doesnt work. Its not OTA issue because I recorded about 1/2 dozen items last night from OTA stations (mainly AntennaTV which does have guide data) and all worked fine

Anybody else run into this when trying to record from channels the HR34/AM21 had to "scan in"?

Rolling back to 54C (nat'l version) as I know that works.

I too had problems with manual records on OTA scanned channels, after a couple didn't work I gave up. Not this release, about a month ago, but I'm guessing it hasn't changed much.

Jason i gave that person 2 links to check for current version from Directv Firmware last night and to check for the CE for the version that would be up after the CE begins for it after 11pm est :) I dont drink or do drugs just wasnt feeling well :)

Just having fun - hope you are feeling better.

I too had problems with manual records on OTA scanned channels, after a couple didn't work I gave up. Not this release, about a month ago, but I'm guessing it hasn't changed much.

I went back to the national version and will check....been gone a couple days so no manual timers were set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts