HR34 CE Release 2/24 v.0544

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Congrats digi on getting the HR34 i have had it since last friday and have loved it and finally got the HDGUI last nights ce :)

loving it so far...downloading the new software right now.

One question I have is should I set my default recordings to pad a couple of minutes early and late? Dish's receivers would do this automatically if the tuner was available. I don't want to do this on the directv receiver if it is going to cause conflicts due to the 2 minutes on all the timers.

And love how quiet these things are compared to the dish receivers that sounded like airplanes in the room. They are very power efficient compared to dish as well. Checked the different components with my watt meter. Very impressive!

only issue i see is a huge lag when scrolling through the guide. terrible. everything else so far seems good. and despite the annoying lag in the guide i ain't going back to the old gui :D

Lag? Just downloaded the CE and wow...that guide jumps from 100 to 500 when I hold down the button in a matter or a second or two. That sucker is fast!!

Lag? Just downloaded the CE and wow...that guide jumps from 100 to 500 when I hold down the button in a matter or a second or two. That sucker is fast!!

When you hold it down it's fine. Try tapping repeatedly the page up or down. That's my issue

Just noticed another issue. The scheduled recordings aren't recording. It has the R symbol in the guide but it's not recording. That may push me back to he NR

One question I have is should I set my default recordings to pad a couple of minutes early and late? Dish's receivers would do this automatically if the tuner was available. I don't want to do this on the directv receiver if it is going to cause conflicts due to the 2 minutes on all the timers.

the D* receiver does the padding regardless and does not tie up any extra tuners. Thats why I was able to pull off 7 things recording at once (the 7th you dont see)
attachment.php

If its the same tuner the D* receiver WILL record the overlap....

the D* receiver does the padding regardless and does not tie up any extra tuners. Thats why I was able to pull off 7 things recording at once (the 7th you dont see)
attachment.php

If its the same tuner the D* receiver WILL record the overlap....

So basically don't put any padding and it will do it itself if it can?

no in the defaults you have to set it up. Stock is "on time" for both
I set defaults to 1 min before/1 min after

When you record a sporting/live event it gives you a popup with 30 minute extra. You can change it
Also on series you can change it too. I have as example NASCAR at 1/2 hour extra, WWE RAW at 15 min extra, the rest 1 minute after

Has anyone had any issues with the UI displaying the resolution of whatever program is on the active tuner? In other words, watching HD content all the UI (ie guide, info page etc) looks and displays great. When viewing lesser quality shows in 480 the guide and all other UI elements become less sharp and a bit difficult to read?

Just noticed this so not sure if this is new with v.0544 or an issue with HR34, but when using MRV thru H24-100 the Info for a playlist item is no longer showing First Aired on date, some times it will show the year of the First Aired date and sometimes no date at all

Just noticed this so not sure if this is new with v.0544 or an issue with HR34, but when using MRV thru H24-100 the Info for a playlist item is no longer showing First Aired on date, some times it will show the year of the First Aired date and sometimes no date at all

Mine does the same thing even before I was on any CE.

That's a really cool feature. It shows some sophistication to the platform. With 5 tuners, I set 1 minute early and 5 minutes late for everything, just because I can. :)

Not sure if it is an issue but the ability to pause, FF, REW doesn't work while your searching for something. The reason I know this is it works on my HR-21 not the HR-34. :D

-Something that would be nice is to choose how many tuners are enabled. This way you could say disable one tuner so that you could add another box with out upgrading your hardware to a swim 16.
-Another feature that would be nice is a easy way to transfer scheduled recordings to a new receiver when you upgrade. Either make it web based or some function to move via USB drive.
-One more for the HR-34 would be to add an option to the PIP for top and bottom. Then you could make better use of the screen like in FPS games.

If this is the wrong place to post, sorry.

That's a really cool feature. It shows some sophistication to the platform. With 5 tuners, I set 1 minute early and 5 minutes late for everything, just because I can. :)

yep that is a great feature.
Even with back to back sporting events I can have the 1st one run 15 minutes extra in case it runs long so for 15 minutes its recording the same stream twice (which is fine) and doesnt tie up extra tuners

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)