HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
HR34 {CE:08:04} 0x06B3

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday March 15, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday March 16, 2012 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download: HIGH RISK

Warning: You will lose your series links and recordings if you download this CE and revert to the national release!

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues. When possible please use REPORT ALL.
HIGH RISK

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can never go back to a national software without losing all your recorded shows?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So you can never go back to a national software without losing all your recorded shows?

can't go back to national under this ce version,{CE:08:04} 0x06B3

can't go back to national under this ce version,{CE:08:04} 0x06B3

Right now I have 0x06b1 so should I do the update or wait for the national release whenever that happens. Sorry I am confused. Can I never use the national updates since I have 06b1 right now. Thanks for the help.

Right now I have 0x06b1 so should I do the update or wait for the national release whenever that happens. Sorry I am confused. Can I never use the national updates since I have 06b1 right now. Thanks for the help.

If after reading the CE "Rules" so you know what your getting into, you want to test and run the beta software, go ahead and d/l the current CE software.
If you want to wait on the next National Release (NR) thats fine too.

Certain CE updates will tell you to NOT go back to the NR, most don't and you can go back if needed.

Ok thanks. Ya I wasn't expecting to get the last update. I just did a force update thinking it would help with some problems. Not knowing that when I did it at 1:45 in the morning on a Saturday I would get the CE.

you could just wait or update to this if you're having issues with 06b1 but 06b1 has the same warning. You just can't go back to current national release. If all is well then stay put and don't download these high risk ce's containing the warning.

So when I hit list a screen popped up about a new search app with an Internet connected receiver. Where do you download the voice search app?

Said more info at directv.com see nothing about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
someone mentioned last week all they lost was their timers but again its the chance you take by doing CE

Yeap happend to me on my hr24 like 2-3 weeks ago but not on my Genie

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Still going to beginning of buffer instead of real time. I hope they at least solved the hanging problem.

So when I hit list a screen popped up about a new search app with an Internet connected receiver. Where do you download the voice search app?

Said more info at directv.com see nothing about it.

Received this same message, and have no idea. It sounded as if this would be a function that would work as part of the iPhone and Android App. They released a new Android version 3/12, but nothing in there I can find about Voice Search. I know there are a few articles out there about DTV working on some kind of voice search, but not anything that gives any clue as to how it would be implemented. If anyone figures anything out, please post.

My Genie doesn't like CE software. Keeps freezing and need to reboot. Went back to NR didn't bother trying to do a report since it would freeze while sending it. Only lost times still have my recordings.

My Genie doesn't like CE software. Keeps freezing and need to reboot. Went back to NR didn't bother trying to do a report since it would freeze while sending it. Only lost times still have my recordings.

Mine seems to be good for everything except still won't get pandora or YouTube or let me get to the genie recommendations. Still says tv shows updating try again in 1 hour.

Mine seems to be good for everything except still won't get pandora or YouTube or let me get to the genie recommendations. Still says tv shows updating try again in 1 hour.

This is normal in alot of instances, it will generate in a few days usually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)