Risk Level for this Download:
Medium Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
If you revert to National, it will be to the blue UI
You will need to enter IAMANEDGECUTTER keyword search if first time STB updated to HD UI
You will lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

"Under-the-hood" and "stability" improvements are expected with every release and are not noted here.

New features
Under the hood

Improved/Updated
{CE:03:01} 0x539
HD User Interface

Issue: Several Pinks Screens - Just a Few Seconds More was Pink, follow by a solid darker pink.

Issue: 30Slip - Can't get beyond one Slip at a time. And that first one even goes backwards.

Issue: More Info Button - Clicking Info Button does not default to highlighting the Channel Banner More Info Button

Issue: Deleting Recording - Deleting Recording from the Program's More Info screen doesn't always take you back to the PlayList. Instead, you are often booted to Live TV or some other GUI screen that's not the PlayList. (A carry-over issue from the SDGUI)

Issue: System Test - No A/V in PIG - The PIG loses audio and video while running a System Test

Issue: Scrolling Effect/OFF - Guide Skip Page - While Scrolling Effect is in the OFF position, the Guide Skip Page.

Issue: Scrolling Effect Switch - The ON/OFF Switch is not recognized.

Issue: Recording Tips - Recording Tips are showing up while Settings/Display/Preferences/Recording Tips setting is in the OFF Position.

Issue: My DIRECTV - What's on Now - Four of the four What's on Now are showing four correct posters, but time for all is 7:00p at 11:30 PM

Issue: DirecTV2PC - Info - Well the last CE got the HR34 Recorded programs to show in DirecTV2PC, but each Recorded Program Info is mark Unknown on all those I check.

Installed and running. I'm really hoping for improvements for MRV with H25s because that's been my biggest complaint.

I have to say that I don't see much different in this release vs. last weeks release. Many of the issues mentioned above still exist as well as the MRV issue with the H25s. I am not pleased at all with the poor MRV connection with my three boxes. I'm hoping for some big improvements over the next few weeks.

I have to say that I don't see much different in this release vs. last weeks release. Many of the issues mentioned above still exist as well as the MRV issue with the H25s. I am not pleased at all with the poor MRV connection with my three boxes. I'm hoping for some big improvements over the next few weeks.

Are you seeing what I am on this issue? Sometimes when I try to play a show recorded show on the HR34 from a H25 I can click on try again 20 times and it just not want to play that particular show but I can give up and click the show right above it in the list and it will play the first time. If I restart the H25 it will play the show I was wanting the first time.

Yeah, that 'Try Again' issue is getting annoying. Don't think they located the source. The CE for the H25 didn't seem to fix it, so the trouble probably at the HR34 end.

Been running this since Fri night, no issues so far. Still seems to lag a bit, but much better than a few weeks ago and now I can enjoy the HD Gui without sending a report every day ;)

And another one I have had and not just with this release is sometimes when I am scrolling threw the guide the highlighted item will get out of sync with the actual item meaning if say channel 300 is highlighted blue the info at the top of the screen might be the info for channel 305 or 295 and if you hit enter you get the channel in the info area and not the highlighted one

AlaJoe said:
Are you seeing what I am on this issue? Sometimes when I try to play a show recorded show on the HR34 from a H25 I can click on try again 20 times and it just not want to play that particular show but I can give up and click the show right above it in the list and it will play the first time. If I restart the H25 it will play the show I was wanting the first time.

Absolutely. The try again issue is extremely annoying. I have seen no improvement on MRV. The issues are hit or miss. There's really no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it plays first time, someone's I have to hit try again over and over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)