Risk Level for this Download: Customer Candidate

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
You may lose your guide cache
Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
Please do not report sluggishness or missing search results within the first 12 hours

Previous
My DIRECTV
2 Second banner
Pandora
Energy Star
YouTube and TV Apps launch icons
Minor UI updates
Game Lounge
Channel banner
Smart search 50-character
Parental controls
MRV Stability

Last edited:
I agree. It's got to be better.

Patience !

Probably not the right forum but we're running out of patience with the HR34. It is so incredibly buggy that it's hard to believe that a great company like DirecTV let it get out of beta.

Adding to the bugs is the aggravation that they are denying some of the bugs. Can't fix what you won't admit to. The project manager should be canned.

Probably not the right forum but we're running out of patience with the HR34. It is so incredibly buggy that it's hard to believe that a great company like DirecTV let it get out of beta.

Adding to the bugs is the aggravation that they are denying some of the bugs. Can't fix what you won't admit to. The project manager should be canned.

First off,
Welcome to the Site...

D* has a history of releasing recvrs before they probably should be ....
I'm sure Public pressure has a lot to do with it.
I remember the cries for the HR24 to be released ASAP and the HR20's as well.

I missed last night's window but will catch it tonight. The window of opportunity should be corrected for Saturday July 21st. It reads 11:00pm to 2:30pm. I think it should read 2:30am. I am on the record with loud complaints as well. It's a real head shaker how DirecTV allows customers to be deceived into 2 year beta tester agreements. Thankfully my HR34 is acting MUCH better since the last CE and changing from IR to RF. Maybe some of my problem stemmed from IR interference. Who knows? For all of you still having maddening and annoying experiences, I feel your pain. On a competitor's forum I have been ridiculed for my complaints and told I am being too negative. I decided to post here and on DirecTV's forum instead. Thanks guys for providing a true forum to report our experiences good or bad, even if they include a little diatribe now and then.

:welcome to the site and you will enjoy it :)

Did the down load, the HR34 is working faster no black screen and no slow switching, good job DIRECTV

VOD is skipping, I thought it was just one show Breaking Bad, it skipped 75% of the show, you watch it freezes for a few seconds, then skips ahead. I deleted it and tried another show last night EPISODES, and it did the same thing only not as bad only missed part of it. It is only happening on VOD downloaded shows.

doing great after the latest update and the remote deletion and random screensaver problem seems to have been fixed as well. light at the end of the tunnel?

A few things are indeed faster while others remain intolerably slow. The worst seems to be browsing VOD lists. I pulled down a list of HDTV docs and couldn't even scroll through them. When marking one to queue it took about 3-5 minutes to acknowledge.

In regular use it can still take a very long time to display the recording list and after watching a local recording it takes forever to return to the list. It's a small improvement but not ready yet. It is hard to fathom how some of these kinds of slowdowns can be this bad but I've never engineered anything on this platform.

It is back all the good things I said about the update I take back. Changing channels starting to take to long, and some of my recordings are not recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)