HR34 slow to respond

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have a HR34 and lately it has been extremely slow to respond at times. I can push guide and it will take several seconds to bring up a blank guide, and then about 10-20 seconds later the guide will appear. Doesn't do it all the time. Directv equipment never has been as responsive as the dish equipment I have had in the past, but it is getting worse. Is there a fix for this? I have had it for 1 year and 11 months.

How full is your hard drive and have you rebooted the receiver? May try rebooting twice within a half hour (flushed guide data and redownloads over the next 24 hours).

Sadly the HR34 is a slow box, that has slowed with age so to speak. The HR44 is noticeably faster.

If it continues request a service call, and most likely the tech will see what you see and replace the box with a HR44.

There is nobody that would say 10-20 seconds for a button press response is ever acceptable.

How full is your hard drive and have you rebooted the receiver? May try rebooting twice within a half hour (flushed guide data and redownloads over the next 24 hours).

Sadly the HR34 is a slow box, that has slowed with age so to speak. The HR44 is noticeably faster.

If it continues request a service call, and most likely the tech will see what you see and replace the box with a HR44.

There is nobody that would say 10-20 seconds for a button press response is ever acceptable.

Yeah, HD is full, 1% free. Would a HR44 handle this better, or would it still be an issue? We have a lot of series set to record and prefer to have recordings drop off when there isn't room instead of having to manually clean up and decide what to keep.

HR44 is generally faster at everything, faster chips.

Try cleaning off 15-20% of the hard drive, wait 15 minutes or so, then reboot. See if it running better the next morning.

My experience is all DirecTVs receivers get very sluggish when the hard drive is full.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts