HR54 4K content

Status
Please reply by conversation.
... Ummm, come to think of it I'm wrong about the not needing a new minie,
You WILL STILL need a C61K minie (even if the 4K tv is at the Genie), because the Genie doesn't deliver 4K directly.
I'm not sure what it'll cost you, but you can call and find out.

... Ummm, come to think of it I'm wrong about the not needing a new minie,
You WILL STILL need a C61K minie )even if the 4K tv is at the Genie), because the Genie doesn't deliver 4K directly.
I'm not sure what it'll cost you, but you can call and find out.

That doesn’t make sense. How is the 4K delivered if it’s not through the main client (HR54)

How is the 4K delivered if it’s not through the main client (HR54)

Yeah, crazy, isn't it ... The server (HR54 or HS17) does deliver the 4K to the client (C61K) but does not have the capability to DISPLAY that content it's self
and, by the way, the HS17 "Genie 2" does not have the capability to display ANY content to a TV hence it's called a "Headless Server".

The costs will be at least $7 added per month (just for having ANY kind of additional box on the account) PLUS whatever charges for the new box and the upgrade service PLUS whatever charges for the 4K content being added PLUS you'll be renewing the two year contract commitment.

Regardless which Genie you have, only the C61k will output a 4k signal. And no, there is no extra charge for 4k, not yet anyways.

Reactions: Jimbo
There is no extra charge for 4K content except for the pay-per-view movies and special events but it does need to be enabled for your account.

The HR54 can provide one 4K stream to a C61K client. If you don't want that AND the HR54 you can move the HR54 to another room to replace whatever is there now.

Note that the HR54 AND the client count as receivers for the purpose of billing so if you add a C61K you will pay an additional $7/month for it unless you replace something else.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If your current hr54 is connected to your 4k tv leave it be you can add a c61k to another 4k tv iput @$7 month + cost of receiver $99. Or if your current 4k tv will do RVU you can have that activated for $49 service vist +$7 a monthl

Hr54 hdmi is 1.4 only C61k hdmi is 2.0 .
Hr54 recorded or live 4K comtent is delivered over deca moco RG6 local network for display.

SO far 4K content is free but does come at a cost

Reactions: whitewolf8214
If your current hr54 is connected to your 4k tv leave it be you can add a c61k to another 4k tv iput @$7 month + cost of receiver $99. Or if your current 4k tv will do RVU you can have that activated for $49 service vist +$7 a monthl

Hr54 hdmi is 1.4 only C61k hdmi is 2.0 .
Hr54 recorded or live 4K comtent is delivered over deca moco RG6 local network for display.

SO far 4K content is free but does come at a cost
HD never had a fee in the early stages either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts