http://www.questtv.com/shows

Why do we have so many duplicate sub channels in the same viewing area. I get two Grit TV, two Bounce, and two Laff channels. There are a lot of channels that I do not get, like QuestTV.

Last edited:
Why do we have so many duplicate sub channels in the same viewing area. I get two Grit TV, two Bounce, and two Laff channels. There are a lot of channels that I do not get, like QuestTV.
Start a letter writing campaign to the broadcasters in your area. If you can show enough demand for the channel a broadcaster might enter into a contract for it. We have Quest as 8-4 and I don't think I have watched a half hour program.

I live in the Mobile,AL/Pensacola,FL DMA. All of the broadcast towers that I am getting the duplicate channels from are within 5 miles of each other or even much closer and are in between Mobile and Pensacola. These broadcasters are idiots. I do not know anything about Quest, but I am sure there are other sub channels available that they could broadcast. We do not need two of anything.

We have had Quest TV for quite sometime here. It's ok the problem is they seem to have limited episodes of many of the programs they carry. On the flip side they happen to have several shows that for whatever reason I never watched so they are new to me. Tampa is Sub channel heaven, the list we have is impressive.
Five PBS sub channels - Incl Create, Florida local programming,Kids, World, PBS Encore
Movies Channel
Grit
Quest
METV
Escape
Antenna TV
Justice Network
Buzzer
Hero's and Icons
HSN
QVC
Laff
This Tv
Estrella Tv
Biz Tv
Cozi Tv
Light TV
Decades
Bounce
Comet
Charge
Ion Life
Quobo
La Tv
Various Infomercial and Religious

Non Sub Channels;
All the networks incl CW HD
WMOR - Independent broadcaster HD
ION HD
Telemundo HD
MyNetwork HD
Unimas HD
Azteca America HD
Greek Programming (English and Greek Language) News from Russia, Newfoundland, Italy also, along with some talk shows. Mix of English and Greek.

Last edited:
Here in Pensacola, I get ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and two CWs and two PBS* with subchannels. one from Alabama and one from Florida.
Sub channels:
TBD
Charge
ION
Metv
Laff*
Cozi*
Laff
Escape
Weather Nation
Stadium
HSN
TBN + 4 subchannels
Mytv
get,
Comet
Grit*
Cozi*
Shop
Bounce(only 1)
Justice
Grit*
*Duplicates

I get a few that you don't and you get a bunch(mostly Spanish) that I don't.
And a few more religious channels.

Every piece of programming on Quest is old content and I mean going as far back as well over 10-15 years for some. Quest presents content that appears to be a mix of shows having originally aired on A&E Networks and Discovery Inc. channels including History, Military History, Dicovery, AHC and more. Several of the programs I've already seen the entire series years ago. To make matters worse, in my opinion, is that Quest has recently gone from a rational scheduling of a lot of that really old old old content now aired in beautiful standard definition as opposed to its original airing in HD, for a binge schedule for the content meaning hour after hour of the same series, then hour after hour of another series. and as already mentioned in the thread limited episodes of such programs so you'll have deja vu in less than a month in some cases. this channel has absolutely no value on a pay TV service like Dish.

However if you don't find that very low bit grainy standard-definition sub Channel broadcast quality disturbing nor, in some cases, the inability to change the picture aspect ratio so it looks as originally aired, some youngsters out there who have never seen this content may find it interesting. as a free OTA Channel, Quest could be enjoyed by quite a few people, otherwise this is an utterly worthless junk channel for any pay TV service like dish, DirecTV, or cable. I would greatly resent this channel being added to dish for me to pay to some degree on my monthly bill.

On the Other Hand, some channels that air TV shows that are decades old that either many people were never alive to see when those shows may be considered classic or highly influential TV shows with some very well-known actors and even stars of the day, that's different and I do see some value in channels that air such shows certainly the 1970s Match Game or even 1990s Golden Girls or 1950s I Love Lucy or 1970's Columbo, the original Battlestar Galactica, Etc. Even if some of us have already seen them, they're high-quality makes it worth seeing again many decades later. but Quest for me has absolutely no value other than a free OTA. it would be nice and of some value if those channels that originally aired the Quest content would air that old stuff in the overnight hours instead of the paid advertisements, but of course they ain't never going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts