Hughes HTL-HD dolby digital output problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lockon

Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
I have never been able to get the dolby digital optical output to work on my Hughes HTL-HD. The unit is connected to a Rotel 5.1 pre-amp. A Sony DVD is also connected to the Rotel unit.

I have set the menus on the HTL-HD properly, the two optical inputs on the Rotel work (the Rotel autoselects the digital input when a signal is available), I can see the laser lasing on the output of the HTL-HD... what else?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sunil

Probably a dumb question, but have you swapped the cable from the HTL over to your dvd player to make sure it isn't defective?

Does the Rotel have assignable digital I/O like most of the newer high-end units? If so you will need to "map" them.

You can adapt the idea from Covebum to test charper1's theory:

Unplug the dvd player's optical cord from the Rotel, and plug the optical cord from the HTL-HD into the Rotel in the DVD player's place.

Then make sure you have the Rotel input select set the way it is when playing the DVD player.

If you can now hear the HTL-HD's output, you need to map the digital input slot you want to use (the one you tried for the HTL-HD previously) to the input setting on the Rotel you want to use when watching TV.

--Dino

Rotel is ok

Thanks for the inputs guys. AFAIK the Rotel does not have mapping of digital intputs. When you select Video 3, for example, the unit will autodetect if there is an signal on the digital input.

Prior to posting I tried the following:

- swapped cables (one of them is a generic and one is a Monster Cable). Neither of them work with the Sat Rcvr.

- Selected DVD on Rotel and plugged HTL-HD optical into DVD input on Rotel... no sound.

- Totally swapped all inputs for DVD and Sat

No Go!

I would assume that the Sat Rcvr is bad, but does anyone have any last suggestion?

TIA
Sunil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)