Hughes reception problem in Florida

sunblock90

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
My signal strength in Florida went from 86 to 54 since last month. I called Hughes customer service and asked about changes in satellites. Customer Service reps claim that there have been no changes. I have replaced, my 7000 modem, LNB, cables, reformatted my computer, and even changed the plastic dish. Still strength of 54. My neighbor upgraded to the 1.1 meter dish and a larger LNB and said he was switched to sat IA8 with signal strangth of 90 but regular outages. What other sats does hughes have that I can get on? I heard that Satmex is good. In July, I was getting consistent downloads of 1000kbps and upload speeds of 200kbps; which is as advertised for my package. Elsewhere in this forum there is talk of G16 sat replacing G4R. Any suggestions or similar experiences? I don't think hughes is telling me the real story.

Last edited:
Signal Loss

sunblock90 said:
My signal strength in Florida went from 86 to 54 since last month
I am hearing this complaint from customers pointed to 99W. What is your current satellite?

99W or G4R, I think. (now G16?) It appears to be that the spot or coverage for this new sat differs from G4R, as we are on the "fringe" in Florida. Which sat should I go to? Is IA8 my best bet for the DW7000? If so, which transponder and how do I find it? My neighbor says 5deg down, and 5deg left for our location.

Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts