HughesNet problem

foxdev

Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Has anyone actually converted to Hughes from Direcway successfully? I can get email at Hughes but cannot send or reply with getting access denied. I have been on hold to their worthless support 3 times for 45 to 55 minutes each and got cutoff every time without getting any info. I have been thru their suggestions for DNS setup but no success. I get invalid password when trying to connect with Outlook express. Maybe someone here knows whats going on because Hughes CustomerCare doesn't.
By the way, the email and live chat room give object errors when trying to use them. Which means I have no way to get any support from them, very frustrating.

good luck

My suggesttion is to wait on hold. I upgraded from home basic to home professional yesterday. It took a total of 3 calls and 8 hours on hold to get to the outsourced tech support in India. I had no luck with the chat session. It was worse than being on hold. Dial the tech support number and wait. Take a nap, take a shower, cook dinner, ... etc. Just wait it out for support to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)