Hughesnet work?

godandcheese

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
SoCal
I've heard rumors that since Echostar bought Hughesnet that Dishnetwork might start doing installs and more for Hughesnet. Where are we gonna get training for that? Who would have the room for the extra equipment in their trucks?

echostar does own them but I bet they are in contract to have Direct install them. If Dish does train and,we install them we wont stock vans with the equipment. It would be stock the day of the install

joshua.mcglothlen said:
echostar does own them but I bet they are in contract to have Direct install them. If Dish does train and,we install them we wont stock vans with the equipment. It would be stock the day of the install

Just like wild blue. Which we have 3/43 techs in office trained to do.

As far as I know P-10 is in charge of installations & they farm it out from there. I am seeing a lot of orders where Dish had sold the job. Also there has been quite a few jobs where me & the TV guy showed up at the same time.

I've installed a few WB's in the last month, for people who were switching from Hughes. A couple of them told me that they were switching because it seemed to them that hughesnet was slowing their speed down if they were using their computers too much. I told them WB could do that too, but I've never heard any complaints from WB customers about limiting their usage.

I've also asked about when I'll get trained on hughesnets (I've been installing WB for 5 years), and nobody knows anything about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)