Hulu's future uncertain as Disney and News Corp. reportedly discuss selling their stakes

With a Hopper with Sling I have no need to have Hulu. Besides Hulu did not carry most of the shows I watch so it was not worth it for me anyways.

Hulu is pretty good for me as there are some CW shows I like to watch and locally our CW station is a very low powered, bit starved, SD station. Really unwatcheable.

But just like Netflix, I start and stop the service as I need to. I watch blocks of shows for a month or so, then cancel for awhile.

Time Warner Cable May Bid for Hulu

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2013/05/time-warner-cable-may-bid-for.php

Looks like Time Warner Cable wants to bid for Hulu with other cable operators and turn it into an authenticated service, where you will only get access if you have a pay tv subscription.

Typical big business mentality. When the little guy finally gets a good deal, big business tries to find a way to make more $$$ out of it by screwing the little guy even more.

Well I dont live in a TWC serviced area... so their basically telling me "up yours Kraven!"

Cheers, K

I see my bad downloading habbits coming back.

Why the hell would anyone get Hulu if they have cable television? Hulu is for people without cable! We cut the cord 2+ months ago, and even though I still get basic cable services (they never blocked that part of the signal) I pay for Hulu because I like that past episodes are available for me to watch basically anytime, anywhere. Back when I had cable/D*, I'd set up Season Pass on my DVR and have a backlog of episodes that I'd eventually get to. The whole point of Hulu was to counter torrents by allowing an easy, legal way to watch the most recent shows. If they make Hulu work only on a cable based subscription then the service will just die.

Why the hell would anyone get Hulu if they have cable television? Hulu is for people without cable! .

It looks like at TWC the chicken came before the egg.

Its a big scam nonetheless. Get TWC cable, Get Hulu.... or get TWC Internet, you're "allowed" to pay and get Hulu. They really dont care which way it goes as long as they get their taste.

These crooks make Tony Soprano look like a saint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)