Hulu’s horrible service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
We have Hulu with Live Service and have had a few issues with our local CBS with audio dropping/getting out of sync. Same with a few video drops.

Tonight before the Super Bowl it was very bad. Of course their support always is quick to say it’s my router or the Roku.

We ended up signing back up with Playstation Vue on a trial just to watch the Super Bowl. Never had a single drop during the game. What’s worse is we got an email from Hulu week before last stating that our service will go up $7 a month starting in March.

Anyone else experiencing this?

There was a news piece this morning that pointed to DownDetector who was showing CBS having problems mostly on the East Coast.

My DISH feed from our local CBS was very grainy. OTA wasn't much better. Now OTA is great.

I swapped back and forth between YTTV and Hulu the few times I had the game on, and both worked and never dropped. However the CBS feed (same market and channel) on YTTV looked better. The stream on Hulu (for that channel only) had blocking like a sat signal.

Wasn’t Hulu suppose to announce something during the Super Bowl? A mic drop??

We’ve had it drop audio on our local CBS before, several times. This causes the sync issue once it comes back. Some of the same day recordings of The Big Bang Theory will skip in the middle of the recording. We just have to wait until the next day to watch the on demand version.

Tonight we had one audio drop issue while watching HGTV. It’s just hard to fathom paying an increase in the service cost with these issues still happening. Hulu’s Facebook page was lit up with identical issues about the Super Bowl and there have been identical posts prior. Their social media people just keep spewing the same crap replies about how the feed is great on their end and to try these troubleshooting steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts