Hurricane Hermine and DISH

To be honest the stories about constant weather related outages with satellite are overblown. I very seldom have an outage and when I had cable I had more (albeit non weather related) outages.

Reactions: Tampa8
I have stated it before. But here in NJ after hurricane Sandy cable in my town was out for over 10 days. But, I had Dish even while running on generator power for 9 days.

Reactions: Troch77
I expected some brief rain fade as the right side of the storm passed over us. I had bigger problems with OTA reception, and not once did the satellite signal go out.

Couple of years ago we had a couple large snowstorms enough to make some roofs cave etc and power was out for about 10 days in Ct but cable was out longer. Honda Generator keep us warm with the Pellet stove and of course we had TV with DISH. While that's an extreme and rare case of how long there is an outage in the Northeast cable goes out often if not for very long - limbs on wires, car into pole etc etc. Although the EA does have a little more rain fade - happens a little more often and lasts a little longer - still only happens a handful of times a year and we are talking two to maybe five minutes.

I'm 25 miles north of Tampa, and I seem to loose reception every time there's a thunderstorm. I'm using a 612, which had far less problems at my former location in southern New Hampshire.

I'm 25 miles north of Tampa, and I seem to loose reception every time there's a thunderstorm. I'm using a 612, which had far less problems at my former location in southern New Hampshire.

You are generally where I am, I also have 612 receivers though the type of receiver doesn't really matter, and only during very heavy rain on summer afternoons do I lose the signal - for a very short time -but I am on the Western Arc specifically because it is less prone to rain fade.

I can just have a drizzle with my H3 and it looses signal dish says nothing they can do and refuse to send a person out to check alignment of the dish. So disgusted I want my old dish and 322 receivers back they NEVER lost signal unless I lost power.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I can just have a drizzle with my H3 and it looses signal dish says nothing they can do and refuse to send a person out to check alignment of the dish. So disgusted I want my old dish and 322 receivers back they NEVER lost signal unless I lost power.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

You need to contact DIRT here!...that is completely unacceptable!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)