HWS 204 Bugs

I'm a little late to the party, just made the switch a day ago.
Here is a list of bugs that I've seen.
1) Cannot view any recordings from other HWS with standard build. Carbon HWS sees the device, sees that has many recordings, but does not show the recorded shows.
2) Recordings from Carbon HWS can be viewed from standard HWS, but response, even at normal speed is jerky, sometimes stops momentarily, and FF or Rew are very jerky and pretty much unusable.
3) PIP (starting and swapping) is sluggish, esp the first time swapping channels.
4) From Dish anywhere (on a Mac, with Firefox), the Carbon HWS does not identify itself in the devices tab, only shows up as Receiver XXX / ID XXX, and I cannot select it to view live TV or recordings. From iPhone I can see and use both HWS (std and carbon).
5) Sometimes the UI is a little sluggish.

I'm a little late to the party, just made the switch a day ago.
Here is a list of bugs that I've seen.
1) Cannot view any recordings from other HWS with standard build. Carbon HWS sees the device, sees that has many recordings, but does not show the recorded shows.
2) Recordings from Carbon HWS can be viewed from standard HWS, but response, even at normal speed is jerky, sometimes stops momentarily, and FF or Rew are very jerky and pretty much unusable.
3) PIP (starting and swapping) is sluggish, esp the first time swapping channels.
4) From Dish anywhere (on a Mac, with Firefox), the Carbon HWS does not identify itself in the devices tab, only shows up as Receiver XXX / ID XXX, and I cannot select it to view live TV or recordings. From iPhone I can see and use both HWS (std and carbon).
5) Sometimes the UI is a little sluggish.

#1 and #2 aren't really bugs That's the way it is. The 2 UI's don't communicate with each other properly and weren't intended to.

#3 Get an H3. It's lightning fast. :)

#4 Try logging out then back in to DISH Anywhere. If that doesn't work then give it a little more time. It usually takes a while for DISH Anywhere to completely work right.

#5 See #3. :)

Here's another bug.
When changing the grouped RSNS + to a - and then back to a + you lose the highlight that shows what channel you are selecting in the guide.
You have to exit out and re enter the guide in order for the Highlighted channel to come back.

Also if you select an SD Rsn it only goes to the part time HD channel everytime.
You have to hit channel down in order to get the SD channel while on the live HD channel.
It wouldn't be a big deal if Dish actually had Full time RSNs.
This are fairly ridiculous bugs for a Guide to have .
I've never seen an issue where you can't pick a channel in the guide.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
#1 and #2 aren't really bugs That's the way it is. The 2 UI's don't communicate with each other properly and weren't intended to.

#3 Get an H3. It's lightning fast. :)

#4 Try logging out then back in to DISH Anywhere. If that doesn't work then give it a little more time. It usually takes a while for DISH Anywhere to completely work right.

#5 See #3. :)

Thanks. I'm noting them, known issues included. As for the sluggishness, i'm surprised the Carbon UI is that much more sluggish than standard; is Dish adopting the Apple approach!

I have found a work around for not being able to see the recordings in a folder on HWS 2 from HWS 1. Use the red options button and change the sequence. All of the recordings will show. You have to change the sequence back afterwards.

I'm on U204 and still having the bug where new recordings show as 100 percent watched. It's very annoying!

It's not a bug, there is a setting in manage recordings to prepare for mobile transfer. If you turn that off it won't show 100% anymore until you actually watch it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

U204 still completely deletes timers when I select to skip a show using the 'resolve conflict' option.

Deleting a timer all together is a rather extreme way of resolving a single airing conflict!

Reactions: dennispap
It's not a bug, there is a setting in manage recordings to prepare for mobile transfer. If you turn that off it won't show 100% anymore until you actually watch it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

Where do I find that setting at? Was digging around and couldn't find it.

Preparing for mobile should not change the indicator of how much of a show has been watched so I'd say it is a bug. Turning off prepare of mobile is a workaround for some, not a fix.
You are absolutely right - we shouldn't have to settle for all recordings showing 100% watched to "prepare for mobile" - that doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: dennispap
U204 still completely deletes timers when I select to skip a show using the 'resolve conflict' option.

Deleting a timer all together is a rather extreme way of resolving a single airing conflict!
Darn! I don't think I ever connected the two - no wonder i've occasionally lost timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)