HWS Caller ID no landline?

I have another way for Caller ID to work if you want your Cell phone to show on screen as well as from your phone. (It works with my VIP don't have a Hopper)

I have VOIP and with it I use wireless phones, in my case from Panasonic. There is a base unit that also charges a phone, and I have two other phones with chargers in other rooms, of course they do not need to be plugged into the base. I put the wireless phone base and my VOIP adaptor near the TV which is near my router. The VOIP goes into the phone base, and I receive calls on all three phones. BUT this model also allows your cell phone via bluetooth to be answered on the wireless phones. And on the phones the number calling from the cell phone is displayed. I go from the phone out of the phone base to the phone in of the DISH receiver, and all caller ID is displayed, from my VOIP line AND from my Cell Phone.

Reactions: bspei
So are you saying leave the phone lines plugged into the receivers as is and magically the TWC phone will work with them? I'm not sure I understand. The TWC phone uses it's own modem that plugs into one of our phones and into the router (I assume, that's about as technical as I get), how would that carry over to the other phone lines?

Yes, I just converted over. You disconnect from your point of presence of the phone company and plug in your main line, that goes to all your phones, to the TW VOIP adapter. CallerId works just fine.

Yes, I just converted over. You disconnect from your point of presence of the phone company and plug in your main line, that goes to all your phones, to the TW VOIP adapter. CallerId works just fine.
This. I did the same thing when I setup Vonage in my home. It's been working like a charm since!

Yeah, when you start talking splitters, etc I'm lost. Wonder if I should just pay to have it installed and ask the tech to help?

BUT this model also allows your cell phone via bluetooth to be answered on the wireless phones. And on the phones the number calling from the cell phone is displayed. I go from the phone out of the phone base to the phone in of the DISH receiver, and all caller ID is displayed, from my VOIP line AND from my Cell Phone.

I have Panasonic cordless phones like that (called "link to cell" feature) & I have NO phone out on the base unit...what model DO you have??? While I agree with you the cell phone shows up on the cordless handsets, I don't see how you're getting those same calls from the Panasonic base unit, into the DISH receiver???

It appears the ones I see online do not have phone out looking at Amazon and the Panasonic site. My older one does.

Model KX-TGE292XB Bought it from Costco. Like some of their brand names it may have been specially made for them? (My Electric Razor and our Keurig are different than I have seen on their sites or for sale other places)

Edit - Found the manual it says that output is to allow a computer to be attached and to answer calls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)