HWS Hard Drive Fail?

Yeah, who knew it would be such a nightmare. It shouldn't be that way, if my business was ran like this - I'd be out of business.

I'm over it now. It's up to them to live up to the promises they just gave me. If not I'll just move on to the next poor customer service satellite/cable company :)

If you have any issues will you reach out to me personally through PM? I will make sure I do everything in my power to make this right for you.

Reactions: Shoot To Thrill
Hopefully - after THREE hours off and on the phone this has been addressed. Your phone support team is a shambles and should be an embarrassment to you guys. I've never experienced such a run around in my life.

They were wanting information that I couldn't give them because the DVR wouldn't power up to supply what they wanted. When told this, they said they needed the info to carry on. This went on and on, over and over. You'd think I was talking to 8 year olds.

Next issue and I'm done with you guys. This was more than horrible CS, this was juvenile and uncalled for.
I keep a listing of all my DISH equipment Receiver and Smart Card lD numbers in an Excel spreadsheet.

I will and thank you!
I know it is frustrating, and believe me my wife was not happy last year when our hard drive died and we lost all of the recordings. DiRT will do their best to make it right, they understand that the members here are not your typical users and will not just simply follow a script, but will do everything they can to correct the issue.

When my hopper failed, it took one phone call and maybe spent 20 minutes on the phone. Got a replacement for free and i dont have a protection plan. So they were great. I think yours was bad luck. And nine years ago i had comcast and their customer service is terrible. I had to soent hours on the phone so dish is great so for to me.

When my hopper failed, it took one phone call and maybe spent 20 minutes on the phone. Got a replacement for free and i dont have a protection plan. So they were great. I think yours was bad luck. And nine years ago i had comcast and their customer service is terrible. I had to soent hours on the phone so dish is great so for to me.

The problem that most people run into is that the CSR asks the customer to run test and check out a bunch of different things. The CSRs are not technicians and are just reading off a screen. Their job is to make sure it is actually a bad receiver or if they need to send a tech to your house. Dish has had too many problems with receivers being sent back when they were not actually defective.

In his case it sounds like it really is a defective receiver and he was getting frustrated with the CSR trying to figure out what the problem is. A couple months ago my HWS went bad and I did the online chat. To save time I told the CSR that I am a retailer and have done many installs in the past so I did all the tests and determined it was a defective receiver. She issued me a replacement right away then.

The problem that most people run into is that the CSR asks the customer to run test and check out a bunch of different things. The CSRs are not technicians and are just reading off a screen. Their job is to make sure it is actually a bad receiver or if they need to send a tech to your house. Dish has had too many problems with receivers being sent back when they were not actually defective.

In his case it sounds like it really is a defective receiver and he was getting frustrated with the CSR trying to figure out what the problem is. A couple months ago my HWS went bad and I did the online chat. To save time I told the CSR that I am a retailer and have done many installs in the past so I did all the tests and determined it was a defective receiver. She issued me a replacement right away then.

I tried many, many, many times to tell them that the HD crashed and I couldn't get anything to work properly. I told them many, many, many times that I had unplugged the machine and let it reboot. I told them many, many, many times the machine was dead and I couldn't get to any screen to do any diagnosis...... There comes a point where someone on the other ends needs to LISTEN to what they are being told and respond accordingly. In all, I talked to 4 different people and finally the last one was able to help. had I got this person the first time, the final result could have happened the first time.

The screen shot on an hour on the phone with them was only the LAST call.... An HOUR..... Good Lord that is insane and uncalled for.