HWS IR Commands

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doctorwizz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
nowhere
I can see by using a cellphone camera that the HWS remote does not output IR for the DVR commands. Only for other devices.
There is no way to enable this? I need to learn a few commands on a universal remote.
Also, there is no vol up/down/mute for this DVR? I have the analog audio out from the HWS going into a mixer to an AVR. I need to mute the DVR audio sometimes.

Go to settings / Remote Manager / IR to turn on IR.

Set the remote to control the Denon as the AUX device and it will control the volume and mute the Denon.

IR is on. Tried that already. The HWS remote, when in DVR mode, does not emit IR for any hopper function. It only emits IR for other devices like TV and Denon.

Not looking to mute the Denon. Trying to mute the Hopper audio. I could do that with my Motorola DVR.

If all you want to do is mute the Hopper audio simply press the mute button on the Hopper remote. It's just to the left and down a little from the volume down button.

The basic commands are the same for any Dish receiver so one way to get the commands you want to learn is by using the remote from a receiver that does use IR to a Dish receiver. Another approach is to start with a device preset for any Dish receiver then augment with Pronto Hex to enter the command into your remote if it's programming supports it. RemoteCentral.com is a good resource for this and there's a fairly complete set of commands for Dish receivers there.

Here are just a few related links:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?6286,last
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?6276
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?5993

There is no Dish mute command in existence. All Dish pronto hex codes have been posted many times on other sites. If you need to learn them, you'll need a 20.0 or earlier remote. But you won't find mute. Most universal remotes have Dish codes built in. They haven't changed in years.

All the Dish commands for a JP1 remote are HERE. The EFCs work with CBL/SAT code 0775 or 00775 depending on your remote. I'm guessing you're missing the colored buttons and discrete on/off, which have the following EFCs:

Discrete On 00242
Red 00048
Green 00108
Yellow 00078
Blue 00046
Discrete Off 00174

If you need more, post back.

Oh nice! Thank You!
I have a RS 15-2116.

Racking my brain trying to figure it out. Almost there. I think I have it now. Just have to reassign buttons in remote master.
One question: Do I use the same setup code (0775) when I add the device in that ir.exe soft?

My posted upgrade is 0075, but it's arbitrary, you can change it to any code you want. SAT 0775 is the built in code on your remote. The important thing is that the code you use in RM or KM matches the one you use in IR. When you paste in the upgrade it should prompt you to assign the appropriate code, which in this case is 0075.

Solved the HWS mute by installing a high end remote controlled preamp between the HWS and the mixer. Now I can mute just the HWS with my 2116.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)