HWS keeps copying recording to other HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

monroef

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
I realize the Carbon UI is beta on the HWS. However, some bozo in my house used the new copy recording from other Hopper option that is added with the Carbon UI. Now that Hopper seems to be forever moving the recordings from the other Hopper and I see no way stop it. Its been over a week now, and it keeps going even though the original recordings were already removed. As soon as something is recorded, it gets copied. In fact, its actually destroying recordings because it moves them while they are being recorded.

Yep have the same problem. As far as I know there is no way to stop it since its beta software. I have tried a rest in the menu and unplugged the unit for a couple of days, but no luck. As soon as I power it up it starts copying to the other hopper. For now I only use the one hopper because it was corrupting all of my recordings. It all worked fine until the U204 update. It seems as thought they add the options in the software to test, but don't give you a way to shut them off. I love the new guide and menu, but regret doing the update now. I might just upgrade to the hopper 3 if they don't fix it soon. I don't know why they cant get the software right.

Unfortunately, I can't permanently turn off one of my Hoppers. I was going to try to turn one off for a couple of days, but you say that won't fix the issue either.

Unfortunately, I can't permanently turn off one of my Hoppers. I was going to try to turn one off for a couple of days, but you say that won't fix the issue either.
Nope it didn't work for me. I only left it off for 12 hours or so. I think once it's enabled you can't turn it off. At least until they do another update and fix that feature.

This really sucks. I am just sitting here watching recordings start on one Hopper then move to the other Hopper while its still being recorded. The same is happening on the other Hopper. So, I basically have two useless Hoppers. I can fix the problem if I sacrifice a Hopper.

With all of this said, I am not that impressed with the new UI. Maybe if some changes were implemented that are in some other threads, it might make sense. But all of this extra guessing in searching has actually reduced the search function. For example, click on a timer and select search. Instead of searching for the program in the timer, it uses the currently watched program.

Man I am sorry I upgraded the Hopper. I only intended to upgrade one, but it did both.

I guess I posted this thread in the wrong forum, sorry.

You could put an isolator on one of the Hopper lines from the node. If you do that the Hoppers won't see each other at all. It will also effect which Joeys see what Hopper.

I put in an idolater today. The Hoppers can still see each other due to WiFi. We shall see if the endless copying stops. It had already slowed to some of the new recordings.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)