HWS recordings randomly short?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
In January I purchased a HWS & SJ, turned on PTAT and set timers for the shows that we wanted out of the PTAT stream. Everything was working fine until around mid May when all of a sudden I started getting random recordings that are 3-5 minutes short. One show actually only recorded for about 3 minutes! The latest one was when we watched the 2 hr finale of Marvel Agents of Shield last night as it recorded 1:49 hours instead of 2 hours :(. By the time we watch the shows they have already fell off the bottom of the PTAT window (8 days) but figure that they would have been the same there...
Has anyone had this happen to them? Or know a solution as it is really frustrating to get to almost the end of a show and have it stop short!!
Thanks, Gerry

Its a known bug that when recorded shows drop from PTAT the saved recording will be cut off or even the wrong show.

Its a known bug that when recorded shows drop from PTAT the saved recording will be cut off or even the wrong show.

I wasn't aware of that! But just can't figure out why everything was fine for over 3 months and then all of a sudden it started doing it with some shows..
Gerry

There is a workaround for PTAT recordings so that they are never cut short. First set a separate timer for any PTAT show you watch regularly and add an extra 30 to 60 minutes to the end. Then go to your scheduled recordings list. On the Hopper 3 highlight the recording where it says to be recorded by PTAT and select restore. If you have a HWS then show skipped recordings and where it says skipped because of PTAT also select restore. This will create an additional copy of the show that is separate from the one in PTAT. And if you add the 30 to 60 minute padding at the end you will never miss the end again, even if the shows starts late for any reason (like sports). If you don't do it this way then any show in your recordings from PTAT, even if saved, will just basically be a shortcut to the same recording on PTAT with no extra padding. But doing it the way I just described is a second separate copy that will never be cut off even if the show starts late. Since I started doing this I have never had a problem. And this is a recent change sometime within the last 9 to 12 months. Before that it was not possible to add extra time to the end of a PTAT show and restore it on the scheduled recordings list to save a separate copy.

Also if you have a Hopper 3 and U313, shows deleted from PTAT now show up in the trash. This is a welcome change as prior to U313 deleted PTAT recordings never showed up in the trash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)