HWS went bonkers...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
Tonight, during PTAT hours, watched movie streamed on Netflix via Amazon Fire TV. Movie ended a few minutes prior to the end of PTAT and when I switched over to locals, blank screen on all of them. A check of tuners showed PTAT recording normally & all OTA locals were fine as were all satellite channels other than locals. I didn't want to screw up PTAT in case it actually was recording so I waited for it to end to do a reset...which, brought back the locals. Didn't have much time but a quick check did indeed seem to show the PTAT content recorded fine.

My setup is a fairly nice home theater, high grade HDMI throughout connected to my 65 inch plasma monitor via a single HDMI cable. During the blanked-out locals my Denon receiver display showed no incoming audio whatsoever (receiver cannot display video on front panel) -and- when switching to a local it would bring up the channel banner and at the moment you would normally see your picture & have sound, instead you'd have a blank, silent screen.

Weird, right? I'm at a loss on this one, any clues to check on?

I've been having the same problems with the locals off and on. Normally it occurs during PTAT but I had the problem this morning too. Another problem I have is when a timer is set to record new shows, but if you skip it to record the next showing, it will not record it. It is very frustrating.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There seems to be several threads with similar issues. I have been having the issue as well for the last couple of weeks on my HWS. It usually occurs when the weather is less than perfect with rain or dark clouds. When it happens I lose my local channels, PTAT show that it continues to record but doesn't. Checking the channels live shows only a blank screen.
In the past when this would happen the channels would come right back when the weather cleared but recently (probably since the last software update) the channels no longer come back when the weather gets better. A check switch will get the channels back.

I have found this does not seem to happen on my Hopper 2000. They both lose signal when the weather gets bad but only the HWS does not come back without a check switch being run. I may have to switch PTAT over to my Hopper 2k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)