HWS will not connect to my wireless router.

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I have had my HWS connected to the internet using a pair of Power line adapters which has been working fine. I attempted to use the built in wireless but this failed. The HWS was able to see my router, Netgear WND4500V2 but would fail to connect. When I now go to Network Settings-->Broadband I see a message in yellow that says "Wireless connected and disabled". The HWS does not see my router now. I have rebooted with both the red button and power plug with no success. I have not rebooted the router because its in use with other devices.
Has any one seen this issue and if so were you able to correct it?

My H2 does not connect to the wireless router. And now says as mentioned in my post that the wireless is disabled. The HWS doesn't see any wireless networks now. Some how the wireless has been disabled.

I have had my HWS connected to the internet using a pair of Power line adapters which has been working fine. I attempted to use the built in wireless but this failed. The HWS was able to see my router, Netgear WND4500V2 but would fail to connect. When I now go to Network Settings-->Broadband I see a message in yellow that says "Wireless connected and disabled". The HWS does not see my router now. I have rebooted with both the red button and power plug with no success. I have not rebooted the router because its in use with other devices.
Has any one seen this issue and if so were you able to correct it?
When you see the "connected and disabled" message, are you connected to your PowerLine" at the same time?

My Netgear router gets in a mood every now and then not accepting new devices/connections to it, similar to what you are describing in the OP. (Able to see the router but not connect to it)

Usually restarting it (the router) jars it loose and allows new connections again. Otherwise a solid router. Perhaps it would be worth restarting the router when you can, then try to connect the HWS again once its back up.

I have a Netgear 3400V2. I am wired direct from the router to the H3. I unplugged my ethernet from the H3 and setup the wireless. It worked just fine that way. Once setup, I replugged in the ethernet. My H3 sees the ethernet, uses it, and shows Wireless connected and disabled, just like you are seeing. If the Hopper thinks you are connected via ethernet it will disable wireless....

just for grins have you tried connecting to wireless with everything disconnected from the ethernet jacks? It doesnt seem to like 2 at once....

I believe the HWS, if it sees a wired connection and a wireless connection it will default to the wired and disable the wireless. Try just unplugging the ethernet cable on the back of the HWS and then see if your wireless no longer says disabled. If it still does, try a reboot of the HWS and check again.

Reactions: JSheridan
I believe the HWS, if it sees a wired connection and a wireless connection it will default to the wired and disable the wireless. Try just unplugging the ethernet cable on the back of the HWS and then see if your wireless no longer says disabled. If it still does, try a reboot of the HWS and check again.
As I suspected - I've connected computers to both at the same time but this doesn't work like a computer in many regards. I found as you did that if I used any wired network connections that the wireless automatically disconnected. Glad you got it working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts