HWS & YouTube ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
was watching YouTube over the weekend and came across dome Dolby Digital demo's, but when playing them, my av receiver did not display Dolby Digital.
My HWS is connected to the receive via optical cable.
Doesn't the Dolby Digital signal transmit via streaming?

was watching YouTube over the weekend and came across dome Dolby Digital demo's, but when playing them, my av receiver did not display Dolby Digital.
I never watch YT on my Hopper, but I just tested it and mine also dropped the DD indicator. Looks like YT on the Hoppers (Mine is a Hopper 3) is in Stereo

I've never had any videos that came across as DD. Mines connected via HDMI

I don't have an answer. (I don't even get YouTube at all on my Hopper Duo.) I just thought I would point out that this is the second thread started by the same poster in the span of one week, with the same title.

Same title, same app, different circumstances. The first was about video, the second audio...
I don't disagree that they can be separate threads. It is just that a little more creativity in titling them would be appreciated. I saw this thread show up in the "Latest posts" section on the right side of the screen, and I was confused why I had not received an alert about it. Then I clicked on it and saw that it was a new thread, not the old one that I had remembered.

I don't have an answer. (I don't even get YouTube at all on my Hopper Duo.) I just thought I would point out that this is the second thread started by the same poster in the span of one week, with the same title.

so are you the thread starter police...……..:shh
thought that was the idea of these forums...……..to ask questions about things you didn't know or understand

never understood why people make these kind of replies...…..if you have no interest in the thread...…..DON"T READ IT...…..not really a hard concept to understand

I am very interested in the YouTube app. I have been "lobbying" (complaining) to get it added to the Hopper Duo for a long time now. Did you even read my other post below the one you quoted? I was following your other YouTube thread, and using the exact same title for this thread confused me, since I did not get any alert about a thread that I (mistakenly) thought I was already following. That was my only point in pointing out the duplicate thread title. So, take a deep breath and calm down, please.

Reactions: papachops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)