hybrid setup will it work?

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Ok,

got a 622 connected to dish 500 (legacy)quad.2 separate lines 1 for each tuner.I want to add 129 for the extra HD channels.I have a dish500 twin locked to 129.Will the twin work with 2 sw-21 switches or will the lnbs have to be the duals.I tried connecting with the twin and 2 sw-21's but the 622 would only lock onto 129.I know the twin has a switch built in so I'm guessing thats the issue.

)

Indeed a 3 sat legacy setup for two receivers (or one dual) would be with a legacy twin and a legacy dual with four cables (two from each dish) going into two SW21's, and then the output of the SW21's would go to the two inputs of your 622. Is that how you have it set up (other than the twin in place of the dual)? If one of your twins is a DishPro or DishPro Plus, then that will definitely not work with legacy switches.

Indeed a 3 sat legacy setup for two receivers (or one dual) would be with a legacy twin and a legacy dual with four cables (two from each dish) going into two SW21's, and then the output of the SW21's would go to the two inputs of your 622. Is that how you have it set up (other than the twin in place of the dual)? If one of your twins is a DishPro or DishPro Plus, then that will definitely not work with legacy switches.

Thats exactly how i have it set up.Everything is legacy but the 622 doesn' t seem to want to play with this setup too well.

In detail this is how I have it...

Dish 500 (legacy quad) 1 Line number 1 input of first sw-21 (legacy)
Dish 500 (legacy twin) 1 line to number 2 input of first sw-21 (legacy)

Then repeated for second sw-21 (legacy)

(This ranks pretty high on the hard way scale)

Been hooking up dishes for years and its not that hard.The reason I am doing this is because of a failure of the lnb on the big fancy 1000.4. :( And to save some money and aggravation of another installer that doesn't seem to care how bad they do the job.

Between the backwards compatibility and the twin it will show some funky stuff. The legacy twin itself does not have the capability like the DPP Twin (Sometimes the DPP Twin does not work) to by pass the switch within the LNB.

Between the backwards compatibility and the twin it will show some funky stuff. The legacy twin itself does not have the capability like the DPP Twin (Sometimes the DPP Twin does not work) to by pass the switch within the LNB.

If i can get my wife off the tv long enough :) I'll try a dual legacy today and see if it does any better.

Just wanted to follow up..

Switched to dual legacy lnb on the dish 500 and now everything works great! It must have been switch overkill with the quad twin and sw-21.Maybe this will save someone some time in the future.

Just wanted to follow up..

Switched to dual legacy lnb on the dish 500 and now everything works great! It must have been switch overkill with the quad twin and sw-21.Maybe this will save someone some time in the future.

Nice, let us know if you have any problems with it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts