Hybrid switch ?

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
What's the likelihood that Dish will create a switch that can combine 3-4 dishes and produce the DPH signal that Hopper 3 uses? I have a 1000+ and DPP 33 switch that I installed years ago when the old satellite at 129 was having problems, and I now enjoy higher rain fade margin from it. I also know there are some users with three separate larger dishes, or need three dishes to get line of site to all three satellites.

Hopper 3 is interesting to me not because I have tuner conflicts but because it's newer technology, faster, etc. But I probably won't upgrade without a way to keep my 1000+.

I emailed Dish and they said nothing is planned as of yet.
Thanks again Scherrman for emailing DISH. I wish there was a way to find out why DISH does the things they do. I think the 1000+ is one of their best dishes they have made. Why would they come out with all this here new Hybrid LNB stuff and leave out the 118.7 bird for the 1000+ dish causing their International customers to have to get a wing dish!

I've read there are plans to, by the end of this year, release a hybrid switch, the DHP42. Don't have any inside info or anything but there are multiple mentions in this forum. For example: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3819896/

The dph lnb needed for the hopper 3 is exclusive to the 1000.2 dish, either western or eastern arc. At least for now.

This is supposed to change later this year when they introduce a dph42 switch. It will likely include all those who can't get it now due to custom installations and larger dishes.

C/P: From Vivek

Option 2 – available towards the end of this year. We will have a new switch DPH42 – that will support using your existing 1000+ DISH and existing LNB and will also allow you to have more than one Hopper 3. So you will not require a 2nd DISH, will not have to change your current LNB and you can have multiple Hopper3’s. Since this part is still under development, I do not have a more specific date than Q4-2016 at this time.

Yes, Vivek confirmed a switch would be coming in Q4 of this year to support 118.7 (or FOUR sats) using a single reflector and would also accommodate "mutiple Hopper 3" households. Apparently Dish wanted the H3 out ASAP for business/competitive reasons and those of us looking at 4 sats are a very small number, I've been told.

I could live with a wing reflector (I had before), for 118 support, but we absolutely need at least TWO H3's. This is the only reason I am waiting for the release of the new switch. I hope it is available when they say it is.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts