I almost went crazy

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
:eek:Last night i was watching wheel of fortune drooling over Vanna White when all of a sudden a horrible thing happen---I saw squares than a thingy saying it is trying to get signal back and then guess what

OH MY GOD I GOT THE WINDOWS BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH---OH NO!!!

It asked me not to call dish and that they are working on the problem--It also told me to watch other programs instead of my locals

WHAT DID THIS MEAN??? Did dish drop the locals in the Bay Area--Will I ever see Vanna again??

I hatted that blue screen---

Then I thought maybe one of the satellite may fall and hit me WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??

I just stood their scared peeing and getting real solid.

Then guess what happen??---the picture came back and all is well again.

Did anyone else in the San Francisco Bay area have the same experience??

:what

Last edited:
I am not, in fact, from the Bay area but it sounds as if a likely scenerio is that the local station itself may have experienced a technical problem and displayed that message of their own accord. I have seen similar outages here in Illinois, can't remember which chan, may have been WAND...

Anyway it doesn't sound like a Dish conspiracy, just a short local outage.

I withnessed this same blue screen of death but on channel 2-KTVU the same night the uplink center went down. I don't think it was last night though...maybe two nights ago...

And it was around 5-6pm, not when Wheel of Fortune is on. I wonder what is happening.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)