I am about to throw my DirecTV system out the door!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
TO start off look at this thread:http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=58057

Now one of my receiver it's getting 93% in 1 tuner and 63% and the system does not like that so NO Picture for you and on another 93% on both tuners but signal on TP 1 but not 2, 3 but not 4 etc and on the 3Rd receiver 93% on one tuner and 0% on the other, this is starting to piss ME OFF!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

I called DIRECTV they have another tech coming out TUESDAY between 1 and 5!!!!!!!!!
 

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
dragon002 said:
dirty fitting/ multiswitch/lnb
multiswitch has been replaced and the same for the LNB's the only thing that has not been replaced it the cables that come from the dish and I will have them replace ALL of it.
 

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
dragon002 said:
i would.

did they use the existing coax or run new?
on the original install(over 2years ago)the house had no cabling for the rooms that I wanted DIRECTV in so all the cabling was new.
 

mirage426

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 22, 2005
56
0
vurbano said:
Throwing it out the door may put you ahead in the long run.
Uuuuh No Offense, but what does that mean? We know that the day we buy a computer they are already outdated, but that doesn't stop us from buying one anyway, does it?
Sorry, I'm still not impressed with the HD tech to go and dump my provider and tons of dough just yet, just like the 1st couple generations of any system, it's still new and seriously untested.
Between the TV's, the service providers and other special equip we have to get, we don't know who is to be held responsible for information to make a completely accurate desision. Lets make the companies sweat for a while, when we are offered higher level, good enough programming (for most of them being sports channels and I don't watch any sports) then consider it, but right now, i'll stick to what I got. It still rocks hard.
Plus, lee78221, is this is the first Dtv issue you're having? I know it's annoying, but...
If you got a flat tire you wouldn't throw your car out? Right?
See if the repair guys can fix it, and check over everything w/them. To make sure you are good on all your tv's and whatnot. Don't give up just yet.
I had tons and tons of problems that went uncorrected w/ my cable company, not to mention bandwith loss (cause the whole area got the new cable promo going on, so say goodbye to internet speed-that's a proven fact.) which led me to drop them. One or two probs. is understandable, but I had 17 techs come out... that was a nightmare.
 

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 7, 2005
2,656
0
DONORA PA
mirage426 said:
Uuuuh No Offense, but what does that mean? We know that the day we buy a computer they are already outdated, but that doesn't stop us from buying one anyway, does it?
Sorry, I'm still not impressed with the HD tech to go and dump my provider and tons of dough just yet, just like the 1st couple generations of any system, it's still new and seriously untested.
Between the TV's, the service providers and other special equip we have to get, we don't know who is to be held responsible for information to make a completely accurate desision. Lets make the companies sweat for a while, when we are offered higher level, good enough programming (for most of them being sports channels and I don't watch any sports) then consider it, but right now, i'll stick to what I got. It still rocks hard.
Plus, lee78221, is this is the first Dtv issue you're having? I know it's annoying, but...
If you got a flat tire you wouldn't throw your car out? Right?
See if the repair guys can fix it, and check over everything w/them. To make sure you are good on all your tv's and whatnot. Don't give up just yet.
I had tons and tons of problems that went uncorrected w/ my cable company, not to mention bandwith loss (cause the whole area got the new cable promo going on, so say goodbye to internet speed-that's a proven fact.) which led me to drop them. One or two probs. is understandable, but I had 17 techs come out... that was a nightmare.

i agree, but.

i bet vurbano could twist that problem around and make it directv's fault also!!
 

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
mirage426 said:
Uuuuh No Offense, but what does that mean? We know that the day we buy a computer they are already outdated, but that doesn't stop us from buying one anyway, does it?
Sorry, I'm still not impressed with the HD tech to go and dump my provider and tons of dough just yet, just like the 1st couple generations of any system, it's still new and seriously untested.
Between the TV's, the service providers and other special equip we have to get, we don't know who is to be held responsible for information to make a completely accurate desision. Lets make the companies sweat for a while, when we are offered higher level, good enough programming (for most of them being sports channels and I don't watch any sports) then consider it, but right now, i'll stick to what I got. It still rocks hard.
Plus, lee78221, is this is the first Dtv issue you're having? I know it's annoying, but...
If you got a flat tire you wouldn't throw your car out? Right?
See if the repair guys can fix it, and check over everything w/them. To make sure you are good on all your tv's and whatnot. Don't give up just yet.
I had tons and tons of problems that went uncorrected w/ my cable company, not to mention bandwith loss (cause the whole area got the new cable promo going on, so say goodbye to internet speed-that's a proven fact.) which led me to drop them. One or two probs. is understandable, but I had 17 techs come out... that was a nightmare.

Plus, lee78221, is this is the first Dtv issue you're having?



Yes, this is my first major issue with my DIRECTV system.
 

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
vurbano said:
It was a slam on their new lease program:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what Im seeing for someone that cancels after a month under the new lease program with a new HR10-250.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The info was gathered by LonghornXP . http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthr...8618&page=3
The matter is currently being reviewed by the courts in Florida:

$499 HD DVR reciever upfront lease charge + monthly lease fee
$300 programming termination fee.
-$12.50 (credit for 1 month service)
if you send the reciever back you are out $786.50 bucks and have nothing to show for it

If you keep the reciever:
$499 HD DVR reciever upfront lease charge + monthly lease fee
+ $300 programming termination fee.
+ $470 D* charge for not returning the reciever, and this does NOT dissappear after 2 years
- $12.5 (credit for 1 month service)
= $1256.50

Is it worth it? 1300 bucks?

before 2/28 I could get an Hr10-250 off ebay new for around $450 - $200 rebate = $250 dollars with the $300 cancellation fee
for a cost of $550 - 12.5 = $537.5 dollars if I cancelled after one month correct? So overnight D* has decided to screw us out of another $700 dollars.

So, how does everyone like paying for those Spaceway spotbeam sats and greedy network affiliates for HDLIL now?
[/FONT]

I know mirage426 asked but this IS NOT the thread for that.
 

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
vurbano said:
It was a slam on their new lease program:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is what Im seeing for someone that cancels after a month under the new lease program with a new HR10-250.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The info was gathered by LonghornXP . http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthr...8618&page=3
The matter is currently being reviewed by the courts in Florida:

$499 HD DVR reciever upfront lease charge + monthly lease fee
$300 programming termination fee.
-$12.50 (credit for 1 month service)
if you send the reciever back you are out $786.50 bucks and have nothing to show for it

If you keep the reciever:
$499 HD DVR reciever upfront lease charge + monthly lease fee
+ $300 programming termination fee.
+ $470 D* charge for not returning the reciever, and this does NOT dissappear after 2 years
- $12.5 (credit for 1 month service)
= $1256.50

Is it worth it? 1300 bucks?

before 2/28 I could get an Hr10-250 off ebay new for around $450 - $200 rebate = $250 dollars with the $300 cancellation fee
for a cost of $550 - 12.5 = $537.5 dollars if I cancelled after one month correct? So overnight D* has decided to screw us out of another $700 dollars.

So, how does everyone like paying for those Spaceway spotbeam sats and greedy network affiliates for HDLIL now?
[/FONT]

I agree that this isn't the thread for this so everyone after this please continue the lease information in the lease threads. Also Vurbano don't worry about this as no harm is done but things have been getting harder to read as we must read so many posts not related to the topic. Now with that said because what is said is said I must add that even after everything you just said if you keep the box and pay those fees you still don't own the box and you can still be charged with grand theft for stealing as its DirecTVs box. That is what is so bad is that even if you pay the extra fees for not returning the hardware you still don't own it and DirecTV can still have you charged for stealing. Its just not a good system all around but even saying all of this I'm not saying that DirecTV will charge a customer for stealing but just the fact that they "can" is bad enough in my mind.
 

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
23,813
104
Newport News, VA
LonghornXP said:
Now with that said because what is said is said I must add that even after everything you just said if you keep the box and pay those fees you still don't own the box and you can still be charged with grand theft for stealing as its DirecTVs box.
OMG its worse than I thought.
 

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
2,099
0
Scott- anyway you can make the entire Lease issue into a sticky and nerge all the other threads with the same info into one?
 

mirage426

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 22, 2005
56
0
I didn't ask about HD programming and leases... I only asked if the issue you are having is your first dtv issue, which you answered.
I'd still give Directv another chance. If they were good to you for over 2 years, with no probs, that's a good sign. Not many things today have a solid year reliability, no less two, nomatter who you go with.

I didn't ask about HD programming, because I'm not at all interested in HD yet. Most tv channels don't have a set level for broadcasting digital programming, and are still messing around with compression and whatnot. Directv's levels are at least close to each other. I've seen the other providers levels and they are all over the place. (surf through channels, not all the stations look exactly the same.) My reg digital signal is totally enough to keep me happy with Directv for now.
Besides, today's level of HD (no matter who you choose) isn't close to the final level promised, so why buy all the extras today when tomorrow it very well may change and you'll need additional additional equipment.
 

lee78221

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 6, 2005
372
0
OMG, this is bull S*** I just called DIRECTV and they say there is no service call for tomorrow the CSR did not even make the order!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

so the next call is for 2days from now.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top