I am having trouble, pride is gone, help me.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmorton

Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Have used the search function, I see related articles but cannot figure it out. Someone humor me please.

I am trying to set up my tailgate DTV dish. I am using my HD receiver from my home. Please help me with the setup...

I have SlimLine serial SL5K4NR0-01

Coaxial cable straight to my HD receiver's Satellite In (SWM-1) input

Coax to my TV

I get the setup menu but Zero satellite signal. In test it says it cannot find a SWM.

I am an idiot, but please help me. I know I am missing something but not sure what it is...thanks in advance.

dmorton,
The dish you have for your tailgate is a standard dish, but I would suspect your home dish is a SWM dish. If I am correct, you need to go to setup (MENU>Setup>System Setup>Satellite>Repeat Satellite Setup) and reset your satellite to the non-SWM setting. (I don't have the exact setting at my fingertips right now.) Just make note of where the setting is now since you will need to reset it when you are done tailgating.
Hope this helps,
Bob

What is a power inserter? I cannot find one on my home setup? Thanks again.

Also will try the settings hint too. Thank you.

Yes, you are going to have to repeat satellite setup and change the settings to a round non SWiM dish.

I have a slimline for my tailgate. How do I hook up the power supply. I have never seen one. I am wanting HD at the tailgate too.

dmorton, how many outputs are there on your dish at home? The dish you want to tailgate with is the non swm type. If your dish at home is the swm type, you have to go into the menu settings and change the dish type to non swm. You don't need the power inserter when you are tailgating, but you will need a bbc. It's a small box with a cable pigtail that goes inline just before the receiver.

Ok you have what is called a SWM setup at your home system. Where the power inserter is makesno difference at this point.

What matters is that your tailgate dish is not a SWM setup. So you will need to change the setup of the receiver to Slimline-5 and Multiswitch to get the receiver to read the signal. You will also need 2 lines from the dish to the receiver and 2 B Band converters if you want to see HD on that receiver.

He only needs to run two lines if he wants to use both tuners. If he's tailgating, I'm assuming he's not worrying about watching one program and recording another. So he could get by running only one line with one BBC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)