Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
Short Recap:
I buy the 622 for $499. sale price
I return the 942 for $200.00 credit
I receive my bill today.
Charged twice for additional receivers. (I have 622/211) 211 is leased.
I call billing and am told I am charged twice because I am leasing the 622 and 211.
After attempting to explain they (billing) is wrong I am told by the CSR "you are leasing the 622 sir"
AS if I was a idiot .
I demand to speak to her supervisor.
She say's "why would you want to do that ?" in the same sarcastic tone.

I lost my temper with this fool and hung up.
I just e-mailed the ceo@echostar address.
Any other suggestions?

Next time ask them for their operator number then say thank you and hang up call back and ask for a coach and let them know what happened and let them know the operator ID number.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Next time ask them for their operator number then say thank you and hang up call back and ask for a coach and let them know what happened and let them know the operator ID number.

Will do Scott. I just find it difficult to believe Dishes Billing Dept could even question my ownership of the 622 when Dish has no signed paperwork. But I have my receipts.
Oh yeah, she also insisted that the 622 was installed by Dish.
Unbelieveable !
I hope the CEO escalations replies soon.
My blood pressure is a bit high now.

This is one thing that keeps me from making the move to E* (I still might, we'll see). It seems that you have to keep a close eye on your bill, and E* likes to nickel and dime it's customers to death with silly fees, etc. Is this true?

mbetts said:
This is one thing that keeps me from making the move to E* (I still might, we'll see). It seems that you have to keep a close eye on your bill, and E* likes to nickel and dime it's customers to death with silly fees, etc. Is this true?

Dish all in all is a good company with the best HD available . It is just the CSR's .
They need to be schooled in professionalism. (and some in English)

Once again the CEO at escalations intervened and fixed the problem. I am now listed as a OWNER of my purchased 622.

I will say the ceo I have been dealing with has been VERY helpful. It shouldn't have to come to this though. We should be able to rectify problems with the ground floor depts, and not have to jump to the top.

mbetts said:
If you're not a Dish customer, there is no way you could know this. People such as myself that have been with Dish for many years and never had any sort of billing problem don't routinely post saying that Dish billing rocks. maybe we should.

It seems there is more going on than the OP has said. Had he/she said, "Oh wait, I bought my 622 from so and so on 6/3/06 and have the receipt here." do you honestly think the CSR would have essentially accused him of lying. Sheeesh. :rolleyes:

SaltiDawg said:
If you're not a Dish customer, there is no way you could know this. People such as myself that have been with Dish for many years and never had any sort of billing problem don't routinely post saying that Dish billing rocks. maybe we should.

It seems there is more going on than the OP has said. Had he/she said, "Oh wait, I bought my 622 from so and so on 6/3/06 and have the receipt here." do you honestly think the CSR would have essentially accused him of lying. Sheeesh. :rolleyes:

You are WRONG. I told the dimwit I bought the 622. I told the dimwit the date and place of purchase. They wanted ME to PROVE I bought it.

Any other questions?

I have had many good experiences with Dish billing. I have also had one where a superivisor flat out call me a liar. Long story. I had his Op #, my receipts and I called Dish CEO all of my info. Never found out what happened to him, though.

Well having worked for dish for over 6 years I can say that the billing department, tech support, activations and sales all leave alot to be desired and at times has been a job to job problem and normaly is a day by day problem with incorrect work order set up, misinformation on monthly charges, misdirection on problem issues, basicly pick a problem and they create it and the sales partners are 100 times worse than them.

pabeader said:
Sorry, I speak and write American. English is what they speak on some Island somewhere.

Funny thing that your writing in english right now, can you give us an example of your other language?

I just wanted to add my two cents in regarding dish and their billing. I have had nothing but problems since I signed on the last of January. This bill that I just received for June is the first one that is correct. It has taken me like 5 months to get it corrected. One time when I called about over charges they told me that the billing was correct and then I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said that my bill was also correct. I had to go to the cancellation dept before I could find somebody that could see what dish was doing. I like their satellite service very much, I think that it is much better then D*. However you do have to watch their billing. I never had problems with D* in regard to billing. The 622 I received a couple of weeks ago is working great. I was very concerned because of all the problems that I have heard about them. Also the hd package is great and can't be beat any where. Chuck

cwbuckley said:
I just wanted to add my two cents in regarding dish and their billing. I have had nothing but problems since I signed on the last of January.

Did you agree to the 18 month contract or did you just pay the $50 activation fee?

I agreed to the 18 month contract. My problem started in January when I signed up of the top 180 plus the old hd pkg. They then charged me for two months of the top 180. Then in Feb I called to change my programming to HD gold. The next bill they charged me for the top 180 plus hd gold and never gave me credit for the two months that I was charged in January. I was going to cancel the service even if I had to pay the cancellation fee. Knock on wood, it looks like every thing is ok now.
Chuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts