I am moving over to the Other Side

The NBA=TV and NHL-TV are in the multi-sports pack and the Platinum HD pack. You have to pay for platinum HD to get the two channels in HD. With the multi sports pack they are only in SD .... which is something that really irritates me.

Thanks for the info!

One word of advice, when Dish Network makes a claim about future programming and hardware, just assume its a lie. Other than that, not a bad service.

One word of advice, when Dish Network makes a claim about future programming and hardware, just assume its a lie. Other than that, not a bad service.

Will keep that in mind, and just taper my expectaions when announcments come!

Satjay, I made the switch back over to Dish in November and so far I've been happy. I had 3 directivos and 1 HR20 with Direct and the last year of my service the tivos were a nightmare of reboots with the newer software they released. My HR20 was pretty decent. So far I'm loving both of my 722s and the money I'm saving. I also had Sunday Ticket for 2 years and dropped it due to watching far less football than I thought I would. Overall I'm glad for the switch, but I would like to see FXHD and a couple more channels added to Dish. It's not life and death so I can wait, but it'll be nice.

Satjay, I made the switch back over to Dish in November and so far I've been happy. I had 3 directivos and 1 HR20 with Direct and the last year of my service the tivos were a nightmare of reboots with the newer software they released. My HR20 was pretty decent. So far I'm loving both of my 722s and the money I'm saving. I also had Sunday Ticket for 2 years and dropped it due to watching far less football than I thought I would. Overall I'm glad for the switch, but I would like to see FXHD and a couple more channels added to Dish. It's not life and death so I can wait, but it'll be nice.

Thanks its nice to hear some postive info as its not everyday, (or that it seems) that people switch from Directv to Dish. I am looking forward to Travel in HD. Will miss the Spike HD a bit. But from what I heard it should be here "Soon" :)

The NBA=TV and NHL-TV are in the multi-sports pack and the Platinum HD pack. You have to pay for platinum HD to get the two channels in HD. With the multi sports pack they are only in SD .... which is something that really irritates me.
So paying for HD service does not give you every HD channel within the package you sub too? Even though you sub to the sports pack and are paying for HD you still don't get these two channel in HD? It is stupid things like this that result in sub losses.

I am saying this not because I want Dish to fail, I am saying this becasue I want them to be successful. As a Direct sub it irritates me as well to see Dish do stupid things (and Direct as well of course). Dish needs to remain competative in order to force Direct to do the same.

Yes, the equipment is cutting edge. Unfortunately the frustration with the ceo Charlie Ergen is standard operating procedure. This is something you will learn to suffer through if you have DISH. You must suffer for your equipment.;)

Lots of good info! look foward to giving some feedback on my expericence on the 24 (Install date)

The Noggin Split and the Viacom HD's are a great plus!! Looking foward to the 24!

Another quick question regarding sportspack.

I do know that I with the Fox RSN channels, I will only get my local one for my sporting events (Fox sports detroit for pistons, tigers and wings). My question is, it looks like in the 250 package it does also include channels like Madison Square garden network. I do know that I would not be catching any games, but sometimes channels like this show other programming.

Is the Dishnetwork site/channel guide up to date. When I check of "Sports" in the section in the channels available in the 250 package it shows that is part of it.

Or do you need the 5.99 sportspack to access these channels, such as Madison Square Garden and some of the other "Weekly" shows that may be seen on these channels?

Thanks again for the input, looking foward to the new service.

My install is this friday looking forward to the Dish network serivce, I will give you guys my two cents after install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts