I am not making this up!

havana

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Cedar Ridge CA.
I called *E about my overdue HD Bonus credit and DIU rebate today...the CSR asked me for my name...I said Bob...she said, could you spell that for me! :eek:

You will have much better luck if you call the number on the rebate form itself for the third party company that processes the rebate requests. They will tell you exactly what is going on.

Which, in my case, was "We don't show you as a Dish Network customer". :eek: Right, for only 10 years. :rolleyes:
The rebate form was supposed to be submitted with the statement showing the subscription to service entitling you to the rebate(s). Your account number on the statement and the statement itself should have eliminated that problem. Did you submit al the requested documents?

You should have been able to speak to a supervisor who would give you a fax number to send all your documentation in to. I pay CC autopay with email notice so I don't get a statement and had to fax it in to them to get my rebates.

You will have much better luck if you call the number on the rebate form itself for the third party company that processes the rebate requests. They will tell you exactly what is going on.

Actually I did and was curtly told that my “submission was not found” I explained that I had followed the procedures to the letter. I also explained that I had sent my submission along with the required paper work registered mail and that I had an electronic receipt from the postal service confirming delivery along with a scanned copy of the recipients signature.

I was told to resubmit everything and I said that I did not want to, as I had proof of them receiving my correspondence and the burden was on them to prove they had not. Making this long story shorter...I am supposed to call back in seven to ten days to see if the rebate validation team says yea, give this guy his rebate.

That is not the type of cutting edge customer service that is wins customer loyalty. I can’t understand why someone just doesn’t look at their computer screen, look over all the account information and make a determination. IMHO, anything else seems absurd.

What if your real name was Robert?

He didn't say "robert" he said "bob". They asked for him to spell Bob. And even if he said Robert, what American citizen that has at least an 8th grade education does not know how to spell Robert?

This reminds me of a friend of mine whose last name starts with a P. When he gets a CSR that has broken English and they ask how you spell his last name he says "P, as in pneumonia".

Actually I did and was curtly told that my “submission was not found” I explained that I had followed the procedures to the letter. I also explained that I had sent my submission along with the required paper work registered mail and that I had an electronic receipt from the postal service confirming delivery along with a scanned copy of the recipients signature.

I was told to resubmit everything and I said that I did not want to, as I had proof of them receiving my correspondence and the burden was on them to prove they had not. Making this long story shorter...I am supposed to call back in seven to ten days to see if the rebate validation team says yea, give this guy his rebate.

That is not the type of cutting edge customer service that is wins customer loyalty. I can’t understand why someone just doesn’t look at their computer screen, look over all the account information and make a determination. IMHO, anything else seems absurd.

Rebates are not processed or handled by Dish. This is the primary reason many people HATE mail-in rebates because the companies that handle them are such a pain to deal with. They make money by people not applying for them. Email ceo at echostar dot com with a professional overview of what happened. They will look you up and get your rebates credited right away.

He didn't say "robert" he said "bob". They asked for him to spell Bob. And even if he said Robert, what American citizen that has at least an 8th grade education does not know how to spell Robert?

This reminds me of a friend of mine whose last name starts with a P. When he gets a CSR that has broken English and they ask how you spell his last name he says "P, as in pneumonia".

Thanks for reminding me of my daily nightmare. Those of you with a 20 year old son will understand this really well.

Sorry Red, you are wrong, my sons girlfriend can't spell Bob or Robert. She pronounces physcology, P-S cology because it has a P in front. We had her convinced that we have time travel but it is costly and don't use it much. My 12 year old told her that their was one in the back room of the Exxon station down the street. She believed it all and to top this off, here's the kicker. She graduated 13th in her class. I really don't want to meet the person who graduated behind her. I am not joking, this is our daily nightmare and we can't wait for our son to wake us up.

Thanks for reminding me of my daily nightmare. Those of you with a 20 year old son will understand this really well.

Sorry Red, you are wrong, my sons girlfriend can't spell Bob or Robert. She pronounces physcology, P-S cology because it has a P in front. We had her convinced that we have time travel but it is costly and don't use it much. My 12 year old told her that their was one in the back room of the Exxon station down the street. She believed it all and to top this off, here's the kicker. She graduated 13th in her class. I really don't want to meet the person who graduated behind her. I am not joking, this is our daily nightmare and we can't wait for our son to wake us up.

This is way OT and can't resist, but I doubt your son is dating the girl for her brain.

I called *E about my overdue HD Bonus credit and DIU rebate today...the CSR asked me for my name...I said Bob...she said, could you spell that for me! :eek:
I woulda said "Sure - B..O..O..B"....!

I had a minor glitch with the credit on the 811 to 211 upgrade. No one informed me that it was actually a rebate, but once the form was filed the credit started to appear on my account. It took 2 more cycles tho' before it did...

The rebate form was supposed to be submitted with the statement showing the subscription to service entitling you to the rebate(s). Your account number on the statement and the statement itself should have eliminated that problem. Did you submit al the requested documents?

You should have been able to speak to a supervisor who would give you a fax number to send all your documentation in to. I pay CC autopay with email notice so I don't get a statement and had to fax it in to them to get my rebates.

This was over a year ago. I ended up getting it resolved via the CEO address because the Dish CSR was saying I needed to call the 3rd party but the 3rd party wouldn't acknowledge that I was even a customer.