No Phone Line, But now have DSL

Nago27

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hi,
I do not have a home phone line so I have to pay the $5.00/mo. fee. I just signed up for naked dsl through AT&T. I'm wondering if there is a way to hook up my receiver to the dsl so I would not have to pay the $5.00/month fee anymore? Any help on this subject as to how I do this and I how I report it to dish would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes. Just hook it up to your Internet connection via a router.

If you're not already using a router, that makes things a bit more difficult. Plus if the Dish receiver is in another room, you might have to hook up a wireless bridge to connect.

Did the DSL modem you got have a router built in, or do you have a router connected?

Also how do i report it to dish so they stop the monthly charge. i only have an account # with AT&T, no phone number associated with it.

Put in an ATA device and sign up for one of the free VOIP services (there are some free ones aren't there?)

Hi,
I do not have a home phone line so I have to pay the $5.00/mo. fee. I just signed up for naked dsl through AT&T. I'm wondering if there is a way to hook up my receiver to the dsl so I would not have to pay the $5.00/month fee anymore? Any help on this subject as to how I do this and I how I report it to dish would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry off topic..but how do you get "naked" DSL? I have AT&T DSL and basic phone cuz when I signed up years ago they said I needed to subscribe to phone service also. I don't use my home phone it just sits there. If I can save some money that would be great!

Sorry off topic..but how do you get "naked" DSL? I have AT&T DSL and basic phone cuz when I signed up years ago they said I needed to subscribe to phone service also. I don't use my home phone it just sits there. If I can save some money that would be great!

if you go on their website now... it is offered. Not cheap though, I think last time I looked at it, it started at about $40-$50 a month.

And to answer the OP, as stated earlier, since you dont have a 622/722, at this time you cant use the ethernet port to knock off the 5 bucks a month. But as mentioned, if you sign up for a free or cheap voip service, you could do it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)