I am now out of contract with dish - any offers?

TRADE4JKA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I have been a long time subscriber with dish, I am now out of contract and want to know what offers Dish Network is giving to existing customers when their contracts run out?

Please share what if any freebies or fees waived you got when you signed up for another 24 months.

Can you re-up for less than 24 months?

I currently have 4 hdtv's but only 2 hd receiver (622, 811 is to be replaced w/211) and also 508.

Programming: dvr advantage + Bronze HD pak, and 2 Asian channels package = $94/month

I want to swap the 508 for a single tuner HD dvr 612 but don't want to pay for the upgrade or the dvr fee - is that possible? my 508 doesn't charge for dvr.

Thanks in advance for all your input.:eureka

Now that you have completed your contract you get to join the rest of us customers and subscribe month to month at the regular subscription prices. For special deals call DISH and see how they value you as a customer.

And they will not waive the DVR fee for the ViP612.

I recently had to turn in my 721 to Dish. In exchange, I negotiated for a ViP722. I did not want a 522/625. I looked at the ViP612, but it does not seem to be their most successful box. Also, the specs/capacities are not as high as the ViP722. Even though I will not likely ever connect the ViP722 to a second TV, I went with that one over the ViP612. Not much difference in cost. I recommend you do the same. You can always shuffle around your ViP622 & ViP722.

They will expect you to sign a 2 year contract. They're getting firmer on that than they used to.

I have a 508 and two ViP722 DVRs.