I bought a 522 on e bay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
It arrived but was missing the top foam packing:( Everything was rattling around inside:(:(

I JUST discovered this and havent had time to check futher. it was from a good e bay seller.

advice please.... no apparent gross damage but still.... :confused:

It most likely will not hurt certain parts to rattle around inside just as long as the receiver itself was not rattling and packed well.

How was the package shipped to you? USPS? UPS? UPS has insurance included with the package whereas USPS charges extra. They would require you to show how the item was packaged and give them all packaging contents in order to give you coverage. If the item is not packaged well then it is up to the seller to issue a refund of the item and shipping.

I would check to see if there is a problem with the receiver. If not then activate it. There should still be a warranty on the receiver unless its older than a year old. You could take out the DHPP warranty to get it replaced.

I think you've got to plug it in and see if it works before going any further. Even un-activated, it'll play the channels like 101, NASA, PPV preview, etc...If it does that, try recording some of that free content and make sure that works. If everything seems to be in working order, I don't know that you have a viable complaint.

Should absolutely mention "sub-par packaging" in the ebay comments, but still give a positive mark or the guy will probably throw a hissy fit. I swear you can't give someone even a neutral on ebay anymore without them going nuts, even when they're clearly in the wrong...

I spent yesterday at the ER with my wife:( Female troubles:( She is home safe and sound, and I have 2 days worth of stuff to do in one day:(

The box appears OK, but both top foam pieces were missing. I have the 2 buck a month warranty so as long as its not smashed it should be ok, and covered under warranty. The receiver was definetely free inside the box and bouncing around. I have used this seller before, they are great!

I have some rewiring to do, like my 522 so well I am replacing 2 508s... With AEP we will save 5 bucks a month.

just no time for rewiring today..... my business has me swamped, which is good for $$$

We had to put gypsy our oldest dog to sleep, with burial today.

She was a rescue dog so we dont know her age, certnally over 10. probably more. bad heart caught up with her, very sweet gal. we miss her very much.

As far as I can tell the only way to get a 522 is through eBay. I have a 522 and a 322 which I got at no charge when I signed up this last March. I should have requested two 522 DVRs because they wouldn't have cost anything except for the $4.98/each per month charge. I called Dish today to see how I can upgrade the 322 to a 522 and found that it is impossible. Now that I am a customer they won't do it. They even refuse to sell one to me any any price. This is very strange way to treat customers. They will sell me two single tuner DVRs but two would then cost me another $5 per month over the 322 because its two boxes instead of one, plus twice as much for the additional DVR service again because there are two instead of the one 522. Anyone have any suggestions. I worry about eBay because I don't know if it will work and if there is any warranty.

dholland27 said:
As far as I can tell the only way to get a 522 is through eBay. I have a 522 and a 322 which I got at no charge when I signed up this last March. I should have requested two 522 DVRs because they wouldn't have cost anything except for the $4.98/each per month charge. I called Dish today to see how I can upgrade the 322 to a 522 and found that it is impossible. Now that I am a customer they won't do it. They even refuse to sell one to me any any price. This is very strange way to treat customers. They will sell me two single tuner DVRs but two would then cost me another $5 per month over the 322 because its two boxes instead of one, plus twice as much for the additional DVR service again because there are two instead of the one 522. Anyone have any suggestions. I worry about eBay because I don't know if it will work and if there is any warranty.

You couldn't have gotten (2) 522's at startup, E* will only allow one dual tuner DVR under the DHA promo. If you want another dual tuner DVR why not just purchase a 625, they can be had from any E* retailer. That's how i got mine.

dholland27 said:

Meros store here sells remanufactured ones, no activation troubles!

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=230

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)