I bought a new house and..

kennya

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
McAlester, OK
was wondering how far in advance I need to tell dish that I am moving? I will be living in the house this Friday. Do they charge for this? What do I need to do?

Thanks!!! :up

Take your receivers with you. If you want E* to install at new house, call them and leave the dish at your current house. They will bring a new one.

You probably won't get hooked up by Friday.

Based on mine and a friend's experience in Indy, two days from calling is the usual. So, get on the phone!!!

I went out to Dish's site and it looks like I have to agree to another 18 month contract. Anyone know about this?

BTW, thanks guys for the info, I will be on the phone with them this evening.

Ok Kennya this was what I was told.

"Thanks for the email. In order to do a DISH Mover, there is either a $99 charge or it is free with an 18 month commitment. This is how the DISH Mover promotion has always been set up."

Ok Kennya this was what I was told.

"Thanks for the email. In order to do a DISH Mover, there is either a $99 charge or it is free with an 18 month commitment. This is how the DISH Mover promotion has always been set up."

Great... Or, I could just do it myself. I guess since I plan to stick with them, I should just go ahead and do the 18 month commitment.

Thanks for finding out for me Poke...!

No Problem glad I could help! Oh FYI I did ask how long would it take and my contact said this. :)

""Depends on the area and how busy we are at that point. He can either call in to customer service or put him in touch with me. May take me a little longer, but I will get the job done. Let me know"".

Thanks Poke!!!

Well, my friend here at work is an installer, so he said he would come over and move everything for me......plus throw up a dish 1000! Now all I have to do is finagle my way into a 622, but since I bought a new house, I dont see it happening anytime soon...

tsduke & KAB, thanks for the pricing info, but like I said, we just bought a new house, and all of our money is tied up right now in getting moved over. Plus, well, nevermind, I wont go into it. Even the 149 is tough right now, put it that way. One day I will get one, just wont be as soon as I would like to have it!

Oh, I understand. Thought I'd mention it in case you ended up having to pay Dish to move you. In that case you might as well get new equipment since you would be paying anyway.

Well, I got a co-worker who is a contractor for installs on the weekend and he said that he would do the install for me, so I am good. Plus, he is willing to crawl around the attic so that the wires are hidden and not run around the house like the install on my other house.