I Can Watch UK TV :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravman

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've finally managed to work out how to watch UK TV here in the US. I can now stream movies via BBC's iPlayer and the ITV website. It was very simple really.

1: I signed up with a VPN provider that allowed me to connect to a server that would provide me with a UK IP address.

2: That's it. I now go to the BBC or ITV site and watch UK shows.

The BBC iPlayer allows you to download programmes to your PC, so you can watch them later.

I've finally managed to work out how to watch UK TV here in the US. I can now stream movies via BBC's iPlayer and the ITV website. It was very simple really.

1: I signed up with a VPN provider that allowed me to connect to a server that would provide me with a UK IP address.

The BBC iPlayer allows you to download programmes to your PC, so you can watch them later.

I'll have to remember that when I am overseas and want to access hulu.com, kinda reverse of what you are doing.

ravman, you totally rock.

I got a few emails from people asking me how to do this and what VPN provider I use etc.

I use these guys: Purevpn.com | Secure & Fast VPN Solution. But there are loads of providers out there that can do the same thing. These guys seem very reliable and have very good support on how to set everything up etc. I can even VPN in using my iPhone and watch BBC/ITV shows via that device. When you order service, make sure you order the UK VPN package. But they also give you a fre 25 minute test account, to ensure it meets your needs.

Hope this helps everyone. It has for me. I've managed to catch up with Eastenders and Top Gear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts