I cant find 129 on my dish 1000.2

Do you have an external switch in your setup? If so, the external switch nullifies the internal DPP Twin switch. You would need to run the coax from the 129 LNB directly to the external switch.

Last edited:
How about covering the 110 and 119 LNBs and moving the dish over to try to hit either 110 or 119 with the 129 LNB. That should tell you if it is a bad LNB or not.

Couple of points

First I have a D1000 On the dish as you face the D1000 print it says on the lnb that the right one is 129 from the top of the skew, this is incorrect, it is the lower one. 129 is the lowest in the horizon, this is why so many people have trouble with it and why storms knock it out so easy. Also if you line up your dish and tune in 119 , if 110 comes in on the skew all the rest should fall into place. One last tip. As you look at the LNB the signal comes in from 22 degrees above. Meaning lnb bounces off the dish then goes 22 degrees up on a angle. Look for a obstruction there. Just trying to help.

I live in eastern North Dakota and the zip is a 580
I'm guessing that your 129 horn is not right. You might check to see if it appears to be attached to the twin correctly.

I ran some numbers for Grafton using this calculator and came up with an azimuth of 215, 29.6 and a skew of 110. If nothing else, this suggests that you need to be much more specific about your location. I ignore the magnetic numbers and use the NOAA declination calulator to figure the magnetic version of the azimuth. A real GPS (as opposed to a wireless phone "GPS") is useful for determining latitude and longitude.

I'm guessing that your 129 horn is not right. You might check to see if it appears to be attached to the twin correctly.

I ran some numbers for Grafton using this calculator and came up with an azimuth of 215, 29.6 and a skew of 110. If nothing else, this suggests that you need to be much more specific about your location. I ignore the magnetic numbers and use the NOAA declination calulator to figure the magnetic version of the azimuth. A real GPS (as opposed to a wireless phone "GPS") is useful for determining latitude and longitude.

He's got a 1000.2, the LNB assembly on this dish has the three horns in one piece. This is different than the 1000 dish that has a DPP Twin and a separate DP Dual for 129.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/Dish10002image.shtml

i still wish he'd post up what the check switch results were... i'd guess either LOS issue, or he is getting the 110, and 119 on the wrong lnb's

Well I got my new 1000.2 up and running and the LNB drift issue is gone. I peaked it at 119, and then checked 110 and 129. I was playing with it for about an hour to get the max out of it, but the SS is about the same as with the old 1000. That's a little disappointing to me. I even tried to peak at 129, but this didn't get much more out of it either. I really thought it would bump up my SS, but apparently what I got out of it with the old 1000 is the max. 119 is around 109-110on TP11 , 11o is about 95 on TP11, and 129 is about 78 on TP11. But it seems like it isn't dropping below 70 that often anymore. Does that mean , that even though the absolute SS isn't much higher, that it'll hold up the locks longer in bad weather?

I am sorry I havnt reposted, I havnt been home much and wont be for a couple weeks to try more. I tried several of the posts and have found no answers yet. I hope to start trying again when I get back from my trip. I tried the foil on the outside lnbs and also tried to reposition it again. I have had no luck. I do have a gps and when I get back I will try that. I really appreciate all the advice, this is a great site with a lot of very helpful people that have a lot of knowledge to share. My switch test shows only 119 and 110 with great signals for my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)