I can't find the Free PBS stations on 119 0r 129

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chipoole

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for any help I can get on this. I did several searches and I still haven't found the right information. Lyngsat says there are is a free pbs on 119 and 129. I have a international directv dish pointd at 123(high singal and quility, I like it). I have a coolsat 4k. I like to watch sitcoms but I would like to get a pbs for the better kids programming and the educational stuff too. I can hit 129 of course and 119 with a little tape the only problem is when I do blind scans and hit everything but the free pbs x east on 119 or pbs athens on 129. I am located below columbus ohio. I had read in the past pbs athens would come and go, however lyngsat seems to be fairly updated. Are these free pbs stations really there???? My fta objective is to hit fox, abc, and pbs. Maybe another satellite that has escaped my knowledge would be better for me to point at with my dual lnb fta setup. Any suggestions or information regarding this would be appreciated. Any suggestions on setting might be good too. I would really like to hit 125 along with 123 but the 2degree spacing might be impossible with my dish. I have an extra ku lnb that I might try to use if I come up with a good idea on a combination of sats to hit with my staionary sat on my roof.

A word of thanks because I don't post much and I have always been able to find my own answers for the most part by just reading others threads. Thanks Satguys.

Chip

I'm confused

I think you're looking in the wrong place.
119° is Dish Network, and they have NASA and Angel One unencrypted.
129° is Whitesprings, which is old movies of low quality.
125° carries your PBS.

And you know what's on 123 ;)
But most small dishes have too short a focal length to get 123/125 with available LNBs.
The 2° spacing is just too tight.

Have you tried FTAlist, The List, or Global CM lists of satellites and programming?

edit: I just looked on Lyngsat, and I see the listings you mentioned.
Sorry, I just don't search Dish birds for anything.

Last edited:
Thanks Anole

The PBS stations I mentioned are listed as free on lyngsat. Thats Really what the post is about. Is Lyngsat Crazy or what?

The Lyngsat listings are old and haven't been updated. The PBS on 129 disappeared several months ago (not too long after I put up an LNB to get it, naturally). The one on 119 I don't recall ever finding, it may have been free only for a short time.

The in the clear channels I found on 119 are NASA at 213 and Angle One at channel number 262. The PBS X East channel that lyngsat lists at channel number 8429, comes up scaramble channel, and encrytion shows as nagravision. So lyngsat is out dated, the PBS on 119 is no longer a Free channel. I haven't found any Free channels on Echo 5 at 129W.

I remember WOUB-TV PBS was in the clear at one point. Then they locked it down. To the best of my knowledge 119W never had a PBS channel in the clear. 125W will be your best bet for PBS programming.

Oh and you'll probably need a second dish or a motor for your 2 degree problem.

The PBS feeds on 125W are excellent quality (even the standard definition video) and audio, better than OTA local programming quality. Transponder signals are good with a small 33" Ku dish. Best source for PBS programming. I used to get PBS on C-band at 89 or 91W, and they still broadcast in analog on AMC-4C on transponder 16. Watched Nova last evening, one of my favorite programs.
Might want to invest in an HH motor, they are relatively inexpensive for what they do.
C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts