I can't get 129 satellite

Ken's Dish

Original poster
Oct 13, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
I have a vip 211Z receiver and I can't get 129 satellite. I have 110 and 119. 119 is on the center LNB an 110 in on the left LNB standing behind the dish. 110 has a signal of around 75 as 119 has about the same. Do you have any advise.

129 is the left lnb standing behind the dish. That's why it's called a reflector. 110 is the right side, from behind the dish
Yep, it looks like this:
Dish-13.jpg

Reactions: HipKat
If you have the dish on a vertical mast, and the Skew is set, then all you have to do it aim for 119 and the other satellites will be there.

I wouldn’t use the PDFs. Honestly they’ll use whole numbers, and is generalized for an entire zip code. With Dishpointer, they break down to the decimal, and is specific to the exact geographical location. What is funny, is when I was in the RV department, I still used Dishpointer. Also, I got most my “Dish up and comings” from this website, usually days before announced to the CSRs there.

Reactions: pattykay
I guess you have micrometer increments on your dish.

The main reason dishpointer.com is more accurate is that the settings are calculated at the moment. The PDFs were generated a few years ago and there are some very slight changes in Magnetic readings.

I guess you have micrometer increments on your dish.

The main reason dishpointer.com is more accurate is that the settings are calculated at the moment. The PDFs were generated a few years ago and there are some very slight changes in Magnetic readings.

There are some ZIP codes that have a 2.5 deg or more difference in skew settings from one end of the ZIP area to the other.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)