I can't log in to my account at dishnetwork.com with Google Chrome? (2 Viewers)

tom231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Ok, thanks Raymond! I haven't tried to log in for a while and found it odd that Chrome didn't work. I hope you get it figured out. Chrome is the only browser I use now. Except when it doesn't work.... Lol

Bent82

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 23, 2008
Upper Peninsula Of Michigan
I noticed this too, except I would say that the site doesn't work with IE9, or at least I can't pay my bill with it, because the confirmation popup never comes up when I'm using IE9. I always use Chrome for that site but was unable to even do that the other day.

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
I noticed this too, except I would say that the site doesn't work with IE9, or at least I can't pay my bill with it, because the confirmation popup never comes up when I'm using IE9. I always use Chrome for that site but was unable to even do that the other day.
and you turned off the pop-up blocker for that site? or set it for compatibility mode for that site?

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Not to be mean, but why does it take so long to fix a website problem with a browser that is over 13% of the browser market and rising faster than any other... That is ridiculous.

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Not to be mean, but why does it take so long to fix a website problem with a browser that is over 13% of the browser market and rising faster than any other... That is ridiculous.
Not mean at all ... the problem is that Dish doesn't have it as a priority. And even if they have it on their "to do" list .. they have not .. to date ... published any of their priorities that aren't directly mandated by their Marketing Dept. And that marketing department is busy writing checks that their tech can't pay.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Chrome gets is speed by cutting many corners so you're going to see some stuff that doesn't work right. IE has pretty much always done the same thing but they have a much larger installed base of incompatible browsers.

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
wow, i was able to log in with Chrome! i guess they got it working now, then again i did just delete all my dish and dishonline cookies. maybe that had something to do with it?

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
probably a cookie issue. I currently can't login to my account with the chrome browser through dishnetwork.com but Dishonline.com works fine. dishnetwork.com works fine with IE9 and Firefox. Note this is something recent (last month or so) as I've been using Chrome almost exclusively for a more than a year.

Richard Winfeld

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 14, 2006
Oregon
Deleting cookies didn't help at all for me. I went to fox.com and tried logging in to watch locked videos, and the dish network log-on box popped up and worked fine... also, the dishonline.com log-on works, as has been mentioned. Only dishnetwork.com doesn't let Chrome users log-on. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts