Upgrade to HD question

mscott

Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Indiana
I called Dish and they told me over the phone that HD upgrade is $100 and $10/month fee. I have seen that alot of DIRT members look here and respond and I just wanted to make sure I have the correct information on the fees. We currently have a 625 dvr that is leased and just standard definition programming. Thanks alot.

That was probably a quote to upgrade from the 625 to a 722/722k/622.

It might be profitable to investigate your qualifications for free HD for life and to see if your credit rating merits a little better deal for the upgrade.

You do understand that going from the 625 to a 622/722/722k necessitates the replacement of both the receiver AND the dish, so $100 is not a bad deal.

You want to get HD free-for-life. two ways to get it, 1-sign up for a 24 month contract extenstion and autopay with paperless billing or 2-pay a one time $99 fee adn have it without a contract extention. i would pm one of the DIRT members or go to this page and get the info and call back. since you have a 625 you will have to upgrade to a VIP series DVR, probably a 722k. also if you have an OTA antenna, you will need a cartridge for that. you can get it from dish or cheaper at dishstore.

Also if you are getting the upgrade you will already be signing a 24 month contact. That means you just need to add the CC auto pay and the Paperless billing. not to bad to get free HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts